What's this?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Unclej78, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Unclej78 macrumors member

    Oct 18, 2002
    My friend just ordered a 8500 w/G3 upgrade. This was rattling inside the cpu, looks like a heat sink, but he can't find spot for it. He said it has a place that looks like it slides onto something else. I haven't looked at it yet.

    Any ideas

    Attached Files:

  2. applemacdude macrumors 68040


    Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    I've seen one of these upgrades. It is a heat sink that if you twist around it comes of. Iv'e heard that some of these models actually control the mhz. But it is most likely that its the heat sink thing.

Share This Page