What's up for the weekend.......

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Surely, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Surely Guest

Surely

Just thought I'd see what kind of fun stuff people are up to this weekend.

Here's my plan..... although I'll probably add to it as the weekend progresses.

Tonight: off to the gym, and then dinner at a friend's house
    Saturday: go for a long bike-ride, probably along the bike path at the beach
    Saturday night: sushi for dinner, and then either drinks or maybe a movie (Funny People, perhaps?)
    Sunday: off to Malibu for the day to chill on the beach
    Sunday night: relax, bbq, relax

What are you doing this weekend?

2. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I'm working Saturday 11-5 and Sunday 10-5.

I think on Saturday, after work, I might install a nice clean installation of Leopard so I can get rid of all the extra stuff that was installed when I first got this computer (such as language translations, printer drivers etc).
    However, I am thinking about just waiting until September when Snow Leopard comes out.

Sunday after work I'll probably just tidy my room. Boring!

Surely: Your weekend sounds amazing!

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Tonight: Gym, sleep, Red Eye if I'm awake at 3AM.
    Saturday: Gym, BBQ expedition to Ringwood NJ if the weather is nice, gym and Red Eye at 12AM.
    Sunday: Gym & home all day. Then gym again and Red Eye at 12AM.

No alcohol this weekend, sadly.

4. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

^^^^^ Red Eye?

Hehe.... thanks. Just another typical weekend in CA.

5. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

6. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

Yeah, that guy's an idiot. And FNC shouldn't have it's own version of The Daily Show- The Daily Show is on a comedy channel- last I checked, FNC is trying to pass itself off as a news network.

This is supposed to be a light thread- let's try to keep the political stuff out of here so it doesn't get moved please.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I didn't even know it was Friday until now :D, usually my family watching Jonathon Ross tells me what day it is. Guess the series is over.

Tonight: L4D with online friends.
    Sat: Gord knows. I was hoping to go on a canoe/camping weekend with a friend but I think he's working. Probably just bugger around home for a bit. Then Casualty.
    Sun: Same as above! Except with Top Gear.

It's kinda boring when friends work weekends and the girlfriend doesn't want to visit incase she gets swine flu (it's in this house). Ho hum!

8. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Eh. It's 48 minutes of my day and I enjoy it.

9. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

It's my birthday tomorrow and my fiancee is taking me somewhere. It's a surprise. :)

Probably having a party with my friends Sunday night since it's a long weekend here.

10. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Tonight I broke plans with an old friend who just happened to get a new boyfriend. I figure, it's probably best if I (a guy) don't take her out, it'd probably look a little weird to her new bf. I'm kind of happy though, because I'm sitting at home and watching the Sox/Orioles game (one of the few times I can catch the Sox, because I live in the DC area). Sipping on some Johnny Walker Black and taking it easy. Early night.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Redskins training camp really early. Coming back home and grabbing my dog and taking him a little ways away to a new dog park that has opened in Leesburg, VA. Then, I'm sure I'll head out tomorrow night for a few drinks with friends I haven't seen all summer (just graduated college, so going in phases of catching up with old friends).

Sunday, back to Redskins camp. Start applying for more jobs, so hopefully I'll get some call backs this week.

Back to being unemployed and alone on Monday. But, at least I have a dentist's apt to look forward to.

11. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Well

Saturday - I plan on sleeping in (just got up) gotta clean my house and office. Go food shopping and i have just been informed by SMS that my Uncle, Nanna, Pop are all coming around to plant stuff in my vegie garden. Now this SMS came from mum so they asked my mum to come around to my House?? and not me. WTF

Saturday Night - Prolly have some beer watch the footy talk a bit on msn fall asleep on the lounge chair as per normal.

Sunday - Sleep in again, going to get stuck into some more of the videos i have to finish editing.

Sunday Night - Dinner at my parents.

12. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Summer job as a waiter—
    Saturday: serving Brunch, at work by 6:30am, off around 4/5pm.
    Sunday: serving Brunch, at work by 8:00am, off around 4/5pm. Gah. FML. Looking forward to getting back to college. :)

13. emt1 macrumors 65816

14. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Ditto. :cool:

15. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

You don't need friends to have a good weekend..... I'm sure you guys can find something fun to do. When my wife has to travel for business, I find stuff to do on my own (if my friends aren't around).

16. emt1 macrumors 65816

I do find stuff to do. But I'm 21 and I'd rather have friends.

17. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Free birthday steak with friends and family tonight.

Tomorrow, I get to drive 5-6 hours to Little Rock for a training class next week. Joy.

18. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Skipping work!

My boss has taken the absolute piss in the last 3 weeks (and indeed since she got the job a year ago) so now I'm being a twat too and abusing the fact that I'm one of the only people that gets paid sick leave.

So far I've used the free time to type up my notice, bunch of wankers.

19. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Today- Last minute shopping and packing
    Tomorrow morning- Fly to Denver to visit with family and celebrate my sister's and grandfather's birthdays.
    :) I'm excited!

20. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

Today:
    Bought new lawn mower
    Take old broken mower apart and start to rebuild it.
    Drink beer

Tomorrow:
    Work all day
    Girlfriend comes into town afterwork

Rough weekend as you can see.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Had drinks with friends last night.
    Going to Halsted St Market Days (street festival) tonight. Hopefully get laid too.
    Relax and look for apartments tomorrow- go to the gym.

22. Surely thread starter Guest

Surely

Boy do I love British slang. :cool:

I'm totally stoked for my bike-ride..... the bikes are already packed in the car (we're going to start in Venice) and I'm just eating lunch before I go.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

23. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Pure fun tomorrow! Got a MacBook for my niece, going to unbox it, update it, put some extras I bought onto it, then play with it for a week make sure the hardware is ok, ditch the test account, setup her runner account.... box it up again. After all, the unboxing is part of the joy of owning a Mac.

Then next weekend, head off to her place for fun afternoon with the family followed by delicious bring-a-dish BBQ supper. That will be even more fun!

With that to occupy my mind, I will finally not care if it's sunny or not for a little while. We just had 2" of rain again and narrowly missed having flash floods here last evening... one more rainstorm next two days and the creeks will go over banks for sure.

25. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

That is essential