What's Up W/ All These Pages Back-Ups?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, May 3, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

As a college student I do my fair share of using Pages to write essays or flyers, or whatever. (Yes, Pages 09 over Word for me)

Well, wherever I save my current file, whether in a specified folder or simply the desktop.... a backup file is always saved. Personally I don't like this. I mean, I have the file, why need an exact same duplicate next to the same one...

Iono why they'd do this? Is the backup like a reoccuring backup that automatically saves the document while i'm typing away?

I'm guessing it might be something like the automatic saving within Google Docs.

Yeah, so pretty much i'm here wondering:

1. How to stop the backup being saved (for what purpose?) right next to the already saved file.
    2. Would there be a reason I should keep that automatic backup feature?
    3. Does the backup keep saving as i'm currently typing? There was one time, one time when I was typing an essay. I was on a roll and like 5 pages in my battery died or something happened where my Mac shut off...and when I turned it back on my 5 essay pages were lost. So, automatic saving thing would be good.

...But a backup?!

2. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

at the very least how can I stop the backups if there aren't any good reasons to keep that setting on?