iPad What's up with Amazon's iPad trade-in values?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HarryWarden, May 5, 2014.

1. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Here they are:

Why the noticeably large discrepancy between the White and Black 32 GB models?

2. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

It must be that they are getting a lot of trades for that model

3. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I've noticed that the Amazon trade-in values seem to fluctuate with the current value of used models for sale.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Be CAREFUL when trading in any electronics to Amazon. I found out the hard way. I traded an ultra MINT condition 1st gen Kindle Fire to Amazon, with box and all the accessories and the I put the original wrapper on the tablet. I also cleaned the glass and back so it looked SPOTLESS, like it was brand new.

I sent it off as a "Like New" trade. They rejected the tablet and downgraded it to GOOD. They threw away the original box and they tossed the tablet in a box with NO padding and just the charger. Needless to say I was livid and ready to call customer service.

I contacted them by email and they apologized and issued me the full amount for the Like New trade. I will never ever send in another tablet especially an iPad to those grunts.

To make matters worse, I recently purchased a Like New tablet from Amazon and it looked dirty with finger prints and smudge marks on the screen. I quickly boxed it up and send it back to them for a full refund.