What's up with Apple and their Bumper Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by siuperman, Oct 4, 2010.

1. siuperman macrumors newbie

So my local Apple Store has not been carrying ANY iPhone 4 cases due to the free case program, which ended recently. I went there last night and their selection of cases was very small. They also had no bumper cases! Even on the online Apple store, all the bumpers are listed as "currently unavailable". I would've thought that they would have a fairly large inventory of bumpers considering that the free case program only allowed you to get a black one. What's the deal??

2. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

You thought wrong.

They can barely make enough phones to meet demand. Its 3 months since launch and STILL stores are sold out of the phone. What makes you think they'll be able to make bumpers if they cant keep up with the demands of the phone?

3. siuperman thread starter macrumors newbie

Considering that the bumper is made of rubber and plastic, I would expect them to have some in stock. Also, only black ones were being given away for free, which allowed plenty of time for the production of the 4 or 5 other colors. Just because Apple can't produce a sufficient amount of iPhone 4's to meet demand doesn't mean that they can't produce a fair amount of plastic bumpers in the 3 months that they were not being sold.

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

My local Apple Store, in Dallas, had plenty of bumpers in every color on Friday night. Maybe yours was just sold out.

The popular theory is that Apple stopped making all the colors during the free case program, in order to meet the demand of everyone who had requested one.

The case program just ended. Give it a couple weeks for everything to get back to normal. There's plenty of other excellent case options.

5. bludragon06 macrumors regular

As I reported in the eBay bumpers thread I am here in california(bay area)! Went to the walnut creek California store and they had A LOT of bumpers! All the colors! I picked up a white and orange one! I wish they made red! That would be tight! Anyways, hope you find a store carrying them! I did! Call any local apple stores near you besides the one you went to! That's what I did! Hope that helps!
    -Dave

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The case program ended 4 days ago. I know patience is a rare commodity these days.