what's up with being single?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zachplaysguitar, Jan 29, 2009.

1. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

What do you singles think about bring single?

I've been single for arou d 5 monthis and I think I like it.

2. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Its cool for a while, but gets old fast. To be honest its pretty nice having someone to be there whenever you need it.

3. zachplaysguitar thread starter macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I agree. It's been nice lately though.

4. Shawn D macrumors regular

Ditto, I'd rather be with my girlfriend than be single..

5. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've always much preferred being single. Having a girlfriend is really too much work and not too rewarding. But then again I'm one of the few who is not interested in being intimate and actually prefer not to be. (I've had more than a few make fun of me because this, but I don't really care about their opinions :D)

7. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

It's really really nice at first. I loved it. About that 6 month mark a little while back I realized just how much I missed having someone care for me as much as I cared for them. However, I'm at a point in my life where I really can't look for anyone, because I'm graduating school in W.V. in 3 months and heading either back home to VA or going wherever a job takes me (and I do mean wherever). So... I'm kind of stuck and I'll just have to stick it out with those few random dates and nights with girls I really don't care about I guess.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't like being single, haven't gone more than a few months being single since I was 14.

I just like sharing life with people, friends are okay for that too but with a girlfriend it's more exclusive. If that makes any sense.

9. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I much prefer being single than a heavy relationship. Something light and fun is fine, but I've done a long stint being tied down with somebody. I doubt I'll do it again.

10. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It's legen-- wait for it...

I'm single, but I can see both points of view. I've never been in a relationship, but it makes sense. Certain types of people also just seem made for one way or the other (not everyone, of course). I'm not actively trying to stay single, but atm the moment it's da bomb.

11. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I like being single. It's nice not having to check in with someone whenever I want to do something. I like doing my own thing whenever I want, just because.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It depends, both have their ups and downs. I think I prefer being single right now though. I've had my share of LTRs, and they're fine, but I haven't found the right guy just yet. The right one is going to have to be damn cool, I can tell you that.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

[​IMG]
    And why should you settle for anything less?

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like not being single, but I guess if I needed time to myself, or time out with the boys, I would just do that. Occasionally going out with your male friends, or for a short car trip would be enough to keep me satisfied.

Just don't date someone who smothers you, perhaps someone who's a bit independent.

15. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Ditto. Any woman I am interested in already has a BF. :(

16. zachplaysguitar thread starter macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

I know what you mean. Considering the general demeanor of my previous girlfriends, it's going to take a really awesome girl to make me wanna give up the fun of the single life.

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Right now I'm single and I like it. I also like being in a relationship. The thing is I'm a very weird girl and not many guys can keep up with me. :D So until I can find one that can I'll just stay single.

18. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I got out of a 2 year relationship recently and have been loving the single life. I can go out with the girls when I want, wear what I want without getting any grief, and flirt without having to feel bad.

The only times I really miss being in a relationship is when my close group of friends all bring their significant others to dinner or out and being "alone" during the holidays was different.

On the flip side, I've been going out on dates and have met a lot of interesting guys that I wouldn't have met if I were still "tied down". Besides that, I'm pretty independent and self-reliant...I don't really need anyone right now.

19. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

Aztec Camera (Roddy Frame) - Oblivious -

'They call us lonely when we're really just alone'

Some of the loneliest people are in relationships.

Cheers,
    OW

20. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

That's because you went to Embry Riddle. ;)

21. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I like being in a relationship, having someone there for you is nice, you just have to be sure you're with the right person, and I'm pretty sure I'm with the right person for me :)

<insert lovey dovey nawwwww here>

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Every girl thinks they are weird, and that it's hard to find a guy who does. ;)

I usually find that girls who think this are wrong, and it's not because I'm weird as well (I'm not). It's because it's not true. Most of us aren't all that different, or not as different as you'd like to believe.

23. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

True, but I knew what I was getting into. But, I am talking before Riddle. Haven't met any girls I am interested yet here at Riddle.

24. No1451 macrumors 6502

Any sort of serious relationship has eluded me and I haven't really thought that much about trying to solve the issue(I am far lazier than I am lonely)

Awesome I do say, I have no idea what leek looks like, but I am sure they'd look cute together(and would give rude waiters some serious business).

25. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

I love being single. The dates I've gone on lately have sucked so I'm just waiting for find the right and smaller pond for me. I like being able to do what I want, when I want to. The only thing that I don't like about being single is the cuddling. You just can't cuddle with yourself. Ha ha.