What's up with iPhone 5s Slide to View>

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by keatth, Nov 6, 2013.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

I get a notification on the lockscreen and it says slide to view which only makes it go to the keypad to unlock the phone. So what's the point? Shouldn't the software know its locked?

2. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Mine is even stupider, I slide to view a message on the lockscreen but it only takes me to the home screen, and not the actual message. I don't have a passcode.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Enter the passcode or do the touch ID and it will take you directly to the appropriate app and the particular notification for it.

4. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

What if you have more than 2, 3, 5 or even 10 diff notifications coming from varies apps? If you unlock it with Touch ID, how does it know what notification + app I'm trying to enter?

5. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

thats not true. it always just takes me to the home screen.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Are you sliding on the notification itself?

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Yea when I swipe on a specific notification it will take me to it when it unlocks.

8. Seandroid macrumors regular

Er... it does that so that when you unlock the device it brings you directly to the notification you swiped when you unlock it as opposed to the home screen.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

It will take you to the one you actually swiped to unlock and view. That's how it worked even before iOS 6 (just looked a bit different) and before iPhone 5.

----------

Make sure you are swiping on a particular notification exactly when you are unlocking.

10. bigchief macrumors 6502a

I have to swipe several times to make my slide to view work. I didn't have that problem with ios 6.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

12. keatth thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm ok I will try messing with it next time i get a notification on the lock screen.