What's up with my Camera? (iPhone 6S Plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by California King, Oct 7, 2015.

1. California King, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

California King macrumors 65816

When I am using the camera, I am getting vertical wave forms going across the screen. They're faint, but definitely noticeable and annoying. Best to take it into an Apple store? What's strange is it comes and goes, depending on the lighting and the intensity ramps up during slow mo or 60 fps video.

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 12.53.45 AM.png

Further observation: I checked the camera in 2 other rooms and the camera is perfectly fine. I'm starting to wonder if something in my room is causing this issue? I recently bought the Philips Hue lights. Could that possibly cause something like this? I also have a bunch of wireless devices in this room including a router, tablet, laptop, and cordless phone. Only thing that has changed recently was the Philips Hue bulbs.

2. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

I would think the camera's refresh rate doesn't quite match up with the Philips Hue Lights. I'll point to a few articles to do the explaining, here and here. I know it's not exactly flickering you see but I imagine it's something related, just different effect maybe? Try looking at the same wall with natural light and the Philips lights off.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Easy enough to know if it is the bulb by checking out the camera in natural lighting.

4. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Yes, this will be the camera sensor reading being slightly out of phase with the lighting frequency or similar, I noticed similar looking at LCD display.