What's up with my iTunes backup?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SXR, Jun 14, 2011.

1. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Hey guys,

I recently started noticing this when I connect my iPhone 3GS to iTunes. It used to work just fine , but this error seems to come up. Anyone familiar with the problem?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Kristine, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

Kristine macrumors 6502a

I had this problem with my sons iPod Touch (current generation). I had to do a restore on his iPod Touch from within iTunes. This resolved the issue.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed in your screenshot that this is happening when your photos are attempting to sync. Have you tried deleting the images from your iPhone? Maybe email the images to yourself if you really need them, then attempt to sync again. Otherwise I think you may need to do a restore.

3. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

Thanks for the reply. I am frustrated that it just broke all of the sudden :p. Whenever I connect my iPhone now it says ' iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later.'

Any ideas?

Also, can I do a restore from Back Up? Would that resolve the issue you think?

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

5. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

Thanks for your help! Now I come to think of it , I have installed Xcode 4 recently. However, Apple says to resolve my issue I have to install the latest iTunes version. I already run the latest , and the issue is still there.

Then they go on to say to reset sync services with a line in Terminal. I've tried that but this is what terminal returns:

Last login: Tue Jun 14 12:35:21 on console
    Michel-van-der-Veens-iMac:~ Michel$ /System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl reset
    subarg =
    Running reset
    No matching processes belonging to you were found
    No matching processes belonging to you were found
    unlinking and writing version 0 into /Users/Michel/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/data.version
    2011-06-16 10:48:01.683 defaults[6734:903]
    There is no (UpgradedbTries) default for the (com.apple.SyncServer) domain.
    Defaults have not been changed.
    Michel-van-der-Veens-iMac:~ Michel$

So I guess I am stuck again?

6. SXR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SXR

Also, I was wondering. Since this issue is presumably because of Xcode, will deleting Xcode fix the issue? Does anyone know?