Whats up with my macbook case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beowulf666, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

for some reason, whenever i press on the side of my macbook case, along the side with the USB ports and headphone jack etc, it sounds like its either loose or not put together properly, and theres quite a few spots along my macbook that are like that. I don't even have to press hard, just when i pick it up i hear/feel it, and its really annoying me. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Antimatter macrumors regular

This is a very well known problem/design flaw of the MacBook. Those two screws you see on that side? Yeah, those don't do anything and they aren't screwed in to anything. They are there simply for looks. The side of mine bends in a little, but not nearly as much as the ones at my school, so I'm happy.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I think the screws do SOMETHING. Cause I'd prefer my MacBook without them, they look ugly. :) So Apple must've put them there for something, other than the look cause it looks ugly as hell.

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

5. Beowulf666 thread starter macrumors regular

Beowulf666

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

i know but those screw are there purely for cosmetic reasons

7. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Hey hows tricks :D

That link doesnt seem to work for me, maybe site is down? I was gagging to see what those screws were for :)

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

im ok that link worked when i posted it,the whole point of that link is to tell people
    those screws are there for one reason and one reason only to make it look good
    there purely cosmetic and dont screw into anything hence squishy

EDIT: try the link again later the site must have problems

9. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

My MacBook has that squishy problem too (it's the November Revision), except it doesn't make a sound when I do it. Oh well, I find it barely noticeable only when I press on it, so it's not a big issue for me.

EDIT- When I tapped both sides with my index finger, I found that the left side sounded hollow, and the right side (non-squishy side) did not.