whats up with my trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zyr123, Jun 7, 2012.

1. zyr123 macrumors 6502

The trackpad was fine for most of yesterday then randomly it stopped doing the single click highlight text thing and it hasn't worked since then.......

any ideas?

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

3. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes

i trade all the usual fixes pram smc and restarting, am i missing anything?

this timing blows i have finals then leave to camp for my job in four days.

4. thekb macrumors 6502a

I think the trackpads must be highly prone to failure or have a design flaw. The trackpad on my MacBook failed and would not click anymore, so Apple replaced it. Within a few months it stopped clicking again, so I took it to Apple and they adjusted the screw underneath it. Then a couple of months later it stopped working again. Argh! I've read many other accounts of failing trackpads too.

You have two work arounds: enable "tap to click" in the settings or use an external mouse.

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

You don't mention which model you have, but there may be an issue with battery swelling.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Many accounts doesn't mean anything. It's the ratio of those accounts to the overall number of machines out there that matters. Perception is easily skewed especially on discussion forum sites.

7. thekb macrumors 6502a

OK, the first and second trackpads installed on my computer had a 100% failure rate.