What's up with PayPal?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by upsguy27, Dec 9, 2008.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

I have a random charge from UPS/PayPal:
    [​IMG]
    What is this? It doesn't look like it's associated with any shipping charge; all shipping charges show up with a related transaction showing the shipping details. This is a UPS "Adjustment". What does that mean?

2. A Fat Tarantula macrumors newbie

A Fat Tarantula

Looks like you have a hold on your account for some reason. Call paypal and get it figured out man.

3. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Apparently, PayPal says that there was a UPS shipping charge on November 2nd for $22, and they kept trying to charge for the shipping but couldn't, and when I got $850 in my account a few days ago, they charged it. The weird thing is, the guy on the phone said that there was the original charge on the 2nd of Nov., but in the PayPal history there is no Nov. 2nd charge. He also said there was one on the 17th, and I don't see that in the history either. What's going on here?

4. MrM macrumors 6502

I've had instances where WAMU had different dates in their system then what I was reading on the internet for specific charges on my debit card (which I think is a little odd). What I had to do was ask them what the charge was for and see what I could match it with on the records I could view online. The difference in dates was typically around 2 or 3 days at the maximum. Maybe they have something similar?

5. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Yea, Wamu is odd like that. If you use your debit card, the item will remain pending for 2-3 days. Then finally charge it, with that date.