What's up with Pixar's Piper?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by asiga, Nov 7, 2016.

1. asiga macrumors 6502a

I've been reading -in online newspapers- that the Pixar Piper short has been uploaded online for free. But then, they embed a link to an unofficial (i.e.: non Walt Disney, non Pixar) streaming source. Some of such streaming links now show "removal due to copyright infringement".

Even Time (yes, Time) has now a working streaming link of Piper... but pointing to a personal twitter channel of some person in France (!).

I mean... what's up with all this? Is it really free? Where? Is there an official streaming?

Or have all the newspapers in the world gone nuts and just ignoring copyright and Law?

This is weird, weird, weird...

2. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

It's not free and should not be on any non-pay streaming source. It's copyrighted material, it's $2.99 (HD) through most sources (iTunes, Google Play).

It was free on DMA for a couple of weeks, but it definitely shouldn't be out in the wild (funny that several mainstream sites have promoted that bogus link).

3. asiga thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot for clarifying it. We certainly live in weird times. It was shocking to see "video removed due to copyright infringement" in the embedded video in very famous newspaper sites while at the same time they were prompting to watch Piper for free. It's like if nobody had the slightest clue about what he's doing at work anymore, no matter the reputation of their employer.