What's up with T-Mobile solid LTE but no data connection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Makosuke, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Makosuke macrumors 603

I'm assuming this is one of those "it's specific to your device and/or area" things that there's not much to try other than the standards and calling T-Mobile, but never hurts to ask.

I've have an iPhone 6 pretty much since launch, and I live near a T-Mobile tower, so I usually have 4 or 5 dots of LTE signal at home and walking to work. Has been working fine and reliable.

Until maybe the last couple of weeks. Now I still have the expected 4+ dots and LTE in the menu bar, but the phone has no data connection at all, or sporadically--Siri fails, can't load anything on the web, etc. Tried toggling Airplane Mode, no love, tried rebooting the phone, didn't make any difference. Congestion seems unlikely, since I'm on a campus tower and the problems have gotten worse since school let out for the summer, when the area is virtually empty compared to usual.

I don't think it's my phone, since in a nearby town with the same 5 dots of LTE, it works fine and Speedtest shows a (to me) shockingly fast 45Mbit down and 11Mbit up--that's faster than my cable internet connection at home.

The one thing I haven't tried is a full restore, but it sure seems like the problem is with the T-Mobile tower. Any suggestions other than calling T-Mobile to whine?

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry