Whats up with this ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by mindyish, Dec 26, 2011.

1. mindyish macrumors member

I purchased a used jailbroken ipad 2 from ebay which the seller stated (not in the description but when I submitted a question through ebay) that it was running 4.3.3 firmware. When i got it i made sure to doublencheck everything and by version, it says 4.3 (8f191). I emailed and he said he got confused that his iphone was on 4.3.3 but assured me it was no big deal as there isnt any real big differences. I noted that cydia and installous were installed and seemed to work fine. However, when i go to jailbreakme.com it says ipad 2 on 4.3 cant be jailbroken. At least not with jailbreakme i guess. I asked seller what methodnhe used to jailbreak and he claims jailbreakme. Even more odd is that cydia has blobs listed for 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 but no 4.3 yet thats what this ipad is on. Why doesnjailbreakme say 4.3 cant benjailbroke on ipad 2 yet thisnone isnjailbroken and running that? Am i missing something?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Since u have blobs on Cydia for 4.3.3, u should upgrade it to that and then visit jailbreakme.

3. mindyish thread starter macrumors member

Any clue how it is jailbroken now though as it is?

4. Hongkongfu macrumors member

if it is a wifi only version , then he used a jailbreak that was leaked from comex's homepage ...

it worked only for wifi version of the ipad 2 4.x - 4.3.3

5. mindyish thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. Just been baffled and wondered how.