What's with all of the Android stuff here?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by DroidNoMore, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DroidNoMore macrumors newbie

I'm new to iOS so I joined about 5 different iOS sites to help in the transition. I can't help but notice the abundance of Android users littering the forums with anti-iPhone posts. I've already been insulted by one.

This is the only site of the 5 that I have joined that is like this. Is it always this way? I must say that I'm a little disappointed in a forum named Mac Rumors being like this.

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

This is an excellent forum.

It's populated by a wide range of enthusiasts which each have their own opinion. That's the fun aspect of a public forum. Many of us use both platforms, much like those of us that have both Macs & PC's.

Androids & iPhones are both quite excellent. They're just different. I happen to be a huge Apple enthusiast with a big selection of current year MacBook Pro's & MacBook Airs, iPhones & iPads. Yet I'm also open minded, a serious tech enthusiast & enjoy Android phones & Windows laptops. You'll find it all here.

If you're looking for a pure Apple forum, it's highly likely you'll be looking in vain. That's just a fact of life.

I happen to enjoy the various opinions and information we share here. Perhaps a public forum just doesn't appeal to you.

3. DroidNoMore thread starter macrumors newbie

Not true at all. I love public forums. The other Apple/iPhone forums that I have joined all have separate forums for other devices. I too believe that a diverse forum is good. I just noticed that this is the only one that that doesn't handle it that way.

4. kaielement macrumors 65816

Because some people love to troll and buy the way I am typing this on my iPhone lol.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

What an interesting coincidence, I'm on my iPhone too. Sitting here at the airport waiting for my flight.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

Cool I love my iPhone and I would never switch to android

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I hear ya OP but if you mention it everyone puts fingers in their ears and pretends its not an issue.

This site was a much better and much happier place before Android.

It wouldn't be a huge problem if all Android related threads went into the Industry thread under Community since thats where stuff related to the rest of the industry belongs but they litter the iPhone and iPad threads.

8. cynics macrumors G3

There are a lot of Android threads but nearly all are started by iPhone only users. Then owners of both platforms chime in. Its kind of like when someone ask if you are a cat or dog person but own both, then have no understanding of how that's even possible.

My main phone is a 4S but I also own and use a Xoom and Razr. I like them all equally for different reasons.

There should a versus section to keep the iPhone section clean of Android talk since its obviously unavoidable. Then if you want to debate there is a place for it and if you don't you can avoid the area. Don't know if this would work or not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.