What's with all the fireworks these days?

TiggrToo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Out there...way out there
Appreciating that we're getting to prime firework season here in the US, that aside, there has been a huge pickup of random fireworks these last few weeks in our neighborhood.

Now I'm reading that is not just here in SW Ohio - other parts of the country seem to be affected by this.

What gives here? For us it's been relentless these past 3 weeks. Every single night some idiotic brainless moron feels the need to let rip with bangers and rockets until sometimes past midnight.

The fact that all this is 100% illegal in Ohio is neither here nor there.

Anyone else getting this?

Reactions: compwiz1202

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
It's been relentless here in the Bay Area too. It began here right at the start of the George Floyd protests and hasn't let up. I do think there is a connection, but I find it interesting that it's so mystifying and no one can seem to explain who is actually behind it.

Reactions: TiggrToo

compwiz1202

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2010
I know people from Allentown PA have been complaining. The part that make no sense are the people who say they are legal. Doesn't matter if they are being done when a noise ordinance is in effect. Not that it matters if no one enforces it.

Reactions: TiggrToo

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I heard what I thought was fireworks this morning. Since I was driving and it was behind me, I decided to quickly get out of there. Didn't want to take a chance that it was something other than fireworks.

RhianB

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2016
505 USA
Undoubtedly with a nation full of bored kids out of school, the second fireworks could easily be bought, they would get busy firing them off :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.