What's With Everyone Getting White iPhone 4 Parts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Nov 9, 2010.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I just don't get it. I was considering getting one until I realized two things that make the phone look absolutely ugly. Firstly, the proximity sensor shows like crazy and that looks weird. Also, the black border on the white iPhone's screen while the black iPhone's black border is blended is so well that it looks like nothing is there. Can someone please tell me a few good reasons to get one before I go and drop 200-300$ at iResQ. I have heard that it scratches way less? Why did you guys get it?

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I've wanted a white one since the iPhone 4 was announced, so that's why I paid the $180 for iFixDirect.com to do the swap. It's all personal preference on why to get it. As far as it scratching less, I think the white just doesn't show scratches as badly as the black.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

+1

It's down to what you want your phone to look like. People buy cases, skins etc because they want protection or it to look different.

I had a White 3GS so I liked the black front and the White back I think it looks nice :)

4. fender57 macrumors 6502

Why are you considering getting one if you think it looks absolutely ugly?

5. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Well, I don't mean the phone is absolutely ugly, just the two areas I mentioned. Let me mock up a quick diagram to show you what I mean. If you have ever seen 'ThatSnazzyiPhoneGuy's" iPhone, it has a black front and a white back. I may just do that.

6. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes! I highly agree!

7. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

I had a white 3GS too, I liked it a lot. I'd just as soon keep the black front to my iPhone 4, but I think it looks silly from the side with a black front and white back.

Also, I like the idea of being one of the few people with a white iPhone 4. :p

8. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Sorry, I suck at editing, excuse my horrible photo editing.

EDIT:
    My photo isn't uploading. Anyone with some PhotoShop skills wanna make a mock up? Erase the Proximity Sensor and turn the black screen border to white.

9. yankintx macrumors 6502

johnny wants what johnny can't have.. Plain and simple.

if apple originally announced a pink phone and then cancelled it, you would see people converting to pink...

10. deeesea macrumors 6502

Why don't you just not get one if you need people to give you reasons to get one? :confused:

In anycase, I want to get the back plate, but i think it looks rather stupid from the side profile when you got this thin black band on the front and a thin white band on the back and the thick stainless steel in the middle. Looks like some kind of panda phone.

I'm gonna get some electricians tape and do a thin covering of the black part and maybe it won't look as ugly. Will experiment when i have time.

11. maniacphoner macrumors regular

nice!!! I like it a lot!! Good job!:)

12. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Ima do it if decide not to upgrade the next go around.... It will give me something diffrent to look at for another year... Hope it's still available... I like both colors

13. fender57 macrumors 6502

I know what you mean, I just question why you would want to do it if you hate a couple of elements on it you really can't change.

14. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

It would look "unique".

15. fender57 macrumors 6502

Nonetheless, the title of this thread is "What's With Everyone Getting White iPhone 4 Parts?" - it sounds like you're questioning why anyone would want to do it when you in fact want to get it converted too (save for a couple of mods that are not available). That's why I question you and your thread, why are you asking in a very pointed way "why?" when you lust for one yourself?

16. Lolento macrumors newbie

You guys know when the iphone screen is off it is black right?

LOL...white iphones look dumb imo

17. fender57 macrumors 6502

I love irony.

18. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

Speaking of Screens,

Do these conversion Kits come with the True Retina Screens the iPhone comes with or is it just a regular LCD? Has anyone actually verified they are getting the correct screen in these conversion/replacement kits?

19. fender57 macrumors 6502

Mine came with a retina screen.