Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
This might sound stupid, but I think something is amiss. I have a canon canoscan lide 20 scanner (usb) on my mac mini running leopard. I installed the file in the applications folder, but when i click on it, leopard doesn't know how to handle the file. I also can't find anything in iphoto to set up the scanner. I am an ex-windows user as well, maybe this is contributing. How do I scan something?? It used to be simple on my crappy windows machine. Either that or I am totally missing the point.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
You have to download both the Canoscan Tool box and the driver, it's two separate downloads and two separate installs. I have the Canon ide50, works very well in Leopard.

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
You have to download both the Canoscan Tool box and the driver, it's two separate downloads and two separate installs. I have the Canon ide50, works very well in Leopard.

I downloaded BOTH but they are the same file and do the same exact thing. This might be an error with canon's website. Also I open image capture and it says nothing applicable is attached - well, my scanner is attached, so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.