What's with Social Media rumors?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ncbetz, Jun 3, 2016.

1. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Hey,
    So, this is not at all meant to be hostile, but it is a genuine inquiry... What is with all of these rumors for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram? It is not like their only available on Apple products. I enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but I am just curious why you don't just post those on Touch Arcade.

Cheers,
    Saphiria

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Probably in the sense as those things relate to how their iOS and/or desktop apps are used or could be used, and given that these services are rather prominent and would likely have some impact one way or another on a lot of the iOS/OS X userbase, it seems like it would be relevant information (perhaps not in the most direct way, but relevant nonetheless).

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

C DM hit the nail on the head. While they're not exclusive to iOS/OS X, they are among the most popular services used by Apple users, so we report on some (certainly not all) of the news related to them.

As they're not games, they wouldn't be appropriate for Touch Arcade. Even if they were, our editorial teams and their decisions are completely separate (other than an occasional heads-up between the teams if something of interest pops up), so it wouldn't be an either/or decision about which site to post something on anyway.