What's With the Haters??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigD58, Oct 14, 2008.

1. BigD58 macrumors regular

I just got done watching the keynote video and I must say I am blown away! I have always been a mac user and a die hard apple fan, but I must say after watching that macbook video at the end of the keynote my whole perspective of apple has changed. I now see what a truly remarkable company they are. In about a week I am about to purchase my next mac,the new MacBook Pro. I love the glossy screen, think about it...it's all glass its going to be beautiful (although I did like matte). The loss of firewire in the MacBook kind of stinks but that is my only negativity. I love the new way apple is going with their products. Who else agrees with me?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Welcome to an Apple event day! ;)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: What's With the Haters??

Some kids were born with a silver spoon full of mind altering drugs in their mouth and tend to enjoy life.

The haters had the misfortune of having a doctor shove a spork full of itching powder in the other end. Sure to make anyone grumpy. ;)

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Some of us don't like change, other don't mind it, but this change is just too dramatic for many to handle. ;)

5. Fogtripper macrumors member

It would help to know what you personally do with your MBP.
    There is a vast difference between the needs of professional graphic folks and the average gamer/browser/movie-watcher.

6. Aranince macrumors 65816

Unfortunately these "Professionals" are much louder than those who are fine with Apple's offerings. Wait a few days and things will calm down. This happened with the iMac

7. BigD58 thread starter macrumors regular

I use Photoshop and Aperture Daily. And I use Logic in my spare time so mostly during weekends and such. Those are my most intensive programs. And I also have a music library of about 13,000 songs.:D

8. James17 macrumors 6502

I agree with you, I like the new MacBook Pro a lot and I will be getting mine ordered tomorrow after testing them at the Apple Store. I think the new design for the MB and MBP is amazing and a big step forward. I understand the people who are totally against glossy displays for photography reasons etc etc but I had an aluminum iMac with 20" glossy display and loved it so I can't wait for that again. :)

9. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I, for one, hate that Apple didn't really upgrade the Macbook Pro. Basically the same GPU and CPU power, and no Blu Ray. Not exactly an exciting update.

10. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I think that there are just TOO many fanboys that will agree with whatever Apple does... they follow like sheep. I think too many users are just come over with excitement because it’s a "new" model and look over some of its downsides; they are just wrapped up in having this new laptop. I myself like Apple products, but they are not the be all, end all of consumer electronics. Nobody makes a perfect product that will please everyone and Apple is no different.

For someone who actually uses his laptop and takes it around (outside/inside) for use, having a glass-only option is taboo and just because of that I wouldn't buy it. Though Apple might to right, in that the majority of users buy Glossy screens anyway, since the Macbook Pro isn’t really a "pro" laptop, just a glorified Macbook (even more so now).

I think Apple has made some bad decisions regarding this Macbook Pro (Glossy Screen, Glass Touch Pad, Chicklet Keyboard) and I'll be waiting for the next one, maybe.

11. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I have to admit I think the new MBP is sexy and tempting even despite it's lack of really meeting my needs.

Honestly, had they added Blu Ray...

(I did find that Sony has a single model 18" notebook that just came out with the same GPU, Blu Ray, AND LED backlighting...though I don't know if it has a user replaceable drive, and Sony dosen't include clean OS discs...or even restore discs...if not for that that would be tempting too)

12. mscofield macrumors member

tbh i find it kinda hard to believe there are suddenly so many professional print-designers that needs their Macbook Pro (instead of a desktop) to work on. I think there are a little too many pretenders that spoil this release by making a too big deal of things. No need to be.