What's with the screen protector?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by myke323, Jun 26, 2010.

1. myke323 macrumors regular

Loooong time mac user, just ordered my first MBP.

So I see some people putting a piece of foam/cloth between the screen and keyboard every time they close it. Is this necessary? What if you don't put anything in there at all? It would seem to me that you shouldn't need to put anything in there, that it should be manufactured in a way that just shutting it should protect everything.

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

it's really unnecessary, just check for rocks on your keyboard before closing

there's a reason for the rubber boarder around the screen to create a separation between the screen and keyboard

3. upsbrown macrumors newbie

Sorry, but LOL! Rocks on your keyboard??? Some folks really do have OCD. I've never once heard of that. Nor have I ever had a scratch on any of my laptops.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Laptops usually have a problem with leaving imprints from the keyboard on the screen when it's closed. Putting a barrier prevents the marks from appearing.

5. eatmyshade macrumors member

eatmyshade

well when you spent 2k on something you treat it like baby

im the same way with my guitars :eek:

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use the Radtech Screensavrz. There are plenty out there and quite frankly a paper towel worked fine (I just ended up using it for other purposes so that failed.)

Having something like this is a must for those that use the keyboard protectors.

7. myke323 thread starter macrumors regular

I just ordered the 15" HR AG...

I wonder if, because the AG screen is recessed a bit, it will never touch the keyboard... where the glossy may because the glass sits a bit higher...

8. nemods macrumors newbie