What's with the Wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jamiednm, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Jamiednm macrumors newbie

Two points about this:

1. Why can't Apple produce a full size wireless keyboard with proper numeric keys?

2. It appears that the small, wireless keyboard comes as standard with the new iMac and that if you want a wired keyboard, you'll have to buy it separately. Is this correct?

2. wessew macrumors member

1. They choose not to. Apparently, the demand is limited. But there are many other decent alternatives. One is Logitech.

2. Yes. For a few dollars more. But you do not have to stay with Apple keyboards.

3. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Forget about Logitech, Apple and other cheap keyboards.

Get a real keyboard with mechanical keys and tactile feedback. I recommend the Matias Tactile Pro or the Matias Quiet Pro. I've both and they're a pleasure to use.

4. MacWanter macrumors member

Well, the previous models did have a option to replace the wireless keyboard with a wired one that had the numpad on it. In fact, I am using one atm.

5. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Speaking of keyboards, who thinks the one bundled with the iMac will have an eject key? Would seem odd if it did considering the omission of the optical disc drive.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't know if they will but they should, for external ODDs.

7. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

Macbook Airs and Retina's don't have eject buttons and they are just as likely to have an external drive as the new iMac

8. scottsjack macrumors 68000

I agree. I've got one Apple wireless keyboard and two Apple wired keyboards at home. I much prefer a (real) full-size keyboard and would have purchased three of them instead of what I've got.

9. James twinli macrumors newbie

Logitech is providing better Wireless keyboards in the market.