Whats with these MBP screen models !! CONFUSED

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Jul 3, 2009.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    i've been reading about these screen threads, that some of the new macbooks have faulty screens or display, it got me worried because i purchased a new 13" macbook pro ..
    how would i know if mine is faulty or not ?

2. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

Ignore them. 95% of the screen threads on here are totally useless and nothing more than people who don't know what they're talking about complaining about things they don't understand or are doing wrong. There is still no evidence that the different screen manufacturers have significantly (i.e. visible or measurable) differences in color reproduction, it's all just anecdotal claims made by people who don't really understand color, backed up by blurry/poorly lit/incorrectly taken pictures of screens in uncontrolled lighting. Just ignore it all!

Does your display look bad to you? Then why do you think it is faulty?

If you want a good review (as in, review with reproducible measurable data) about the screen in the MBP13, look here:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-10041-10146

Ruahrc

3. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Ignore this ^

You can tell the screen is faulty by all the blues looking purple, the whites looking yellow, the colors not sharp, and the screen just looks like crap in general. Ignore any review that fails to mention screen variations.

4. mrj412 macrumors regular

Be careful of these forums, its full of people who are unhappy with their system for one reason or another. You'll start checking out your notebook to see if you have the insanely minor issues too.

People who are pleased with their MBP are too busy using it to be posting here. If the screen looks good to you, then its fine and enjoy your new MBP. :D

5. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Yeah I agree with the above posters. If you see something wrong immediately then fix it. If you need to be told there's something wrong and don't see what's wrong, don't fix it. My last 13" MBP was so messed up. I noticed it the day I purchased it. (I was the first one to point this out on a different forum and everyone thought I was a wack job) I returned it and the one I got after works like a charm.

6. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

i generally agree that a lot people are too picking for their own good....however i did download one of the color profiles from those LCD threads and my blues are bluer and better looking color all around.

7. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Again! PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!! Its reminds me those times you see a red car in your eyes but in your friends eyes the car is dark orange.

Just use the computer and be happy.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The general rule of thumb when it comes to technology forums is, people w/ problems complain, people with no issues go on about there business. Thus, it's always smart to take issues you see posted on a forum w/ a grain of salt. If you are "worried," you can always open the machine up in the store after you buy it so if there is a problem you can exchange on the spot. (Check out the store's exchange policy before you buy, or just buy from Apple).