What's wrong with Calendar.app?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sflomenb, Sep 29, 2013.

1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I honesty really like it, and think it's better than the old one. Day view is much nicer and it's more enjoyable to use, in my opinion of course. Why does it seem like most people don't like it?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are already plenty of opinions, both pro and con, in the numerous existing calendar threads here on Page 1.

Browsing those threads will likely answer your question.

3. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Once I got used to it I love the new calendar. Love the ability to scroll months. Future appts can be input quickly without scrolling that dial.

Big improvement imo but it does take a bit of getting used to.

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

Well it is a pretty big fail for my neighbor.

1. It does not use "Dynamic Text" she could use it no problem without her glasses before, now she has to get them out of her bag just to have a quick glance at the iPhone.

2. Same neighbor, she hates the list view, she for the life her cannot see the time stamps, it is hard to get too. Pretty much the app has become useless to her.

---------------

I like it alot but I can also see without any problems.

5. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Just because someone doesn't like a feature, doesn't mean the whole app is "useless". It still works. I don't like the Start button and the way it looks on Windows, that doesn't mean Windows is useless to me.

6. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

How do you input times without using the dial?

7. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I'm not the biggest fan, I thought pre iOS 7 calendar was awesome. Maybe it's my line of work where I travel a lot and need to be able to look at specific dates and see when I'm available for meetings. Because when I tap on a date I immediately go to a calendar view for that day - I just wanted to see the list for that day.

The list view (by tapping on magnifying glass on top right) isn't the best option either.

I'm getting a little more used to it. I just prefer old calendar personally.

8. anonnymouse macrumors regular

On the iPad, I'm really missing the "heat map" year view, that showed the various colors of dates with scheduled appointments. White was nothing booked for that day, yellow at least one, getting successively more orange/red for heavily booked days.

That was very convenient to use for a big-picture view of what days I had totally clear in a given month/year.

It was also helpful to use as a guide for which calendar(s) things were booked in by toggling calendars on and off individually to see which dates changed colors.

Does Fantastical or Calvetica offer something similar in their month/year views on iPad for iOS 7?