Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Canader eh
Skeeball236 said:
OK, seriously this time...

You shouldn't be so quick to judge girls like that, or anyone for that matter. I give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong....then I have a solid reasoning for choosing to make them a part of my life or not.

Besides, alot of girls I've met get nervous and say silly things to get my attention. I find it flattering most of the time. Othertimes not so much, but I don't hold it against them. Everyone is smart in their own way.

It works for me....YMMV

Maybe I should expand upon my comment. Last weekend, a younger woman/girl comes up to me late at night with her younger 20yr old friend? and say how they loved the DaVinci Code, I was reading Deception Point also by Dan Brown. So I thought, hey a fellow book worm maybe! A bit more small talk, then.

Her-"Are those your keys?"
Me-" Yeah, sorry about that" (she put her coffee down on them)
Her-"Is that yourrrrrr car"
Me"Yeah it is actually, just got it this year"
Her-"Well my sister would really like a ride in it tonight"
Me-"Excuse me, my phone's ringing/vibrating"

I grab my phone, keys go outside for 'reception', and leave. If you were there you would have known what was going on. I never judge people by their cover, some of the smartest women I've met look/act like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde (yes I saw that movie haha). I talk to everyone, because everyone has a story to tell. But I'm glad you share the same ethics:)

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
bradc said:
Maybe I should expand upon my comment. Last weekend, a younger woman/girl comes up to me late at night with her younger 20yr old friend? and say how they loved the DaVinci Code, I was reading Deception Point also by Dan Brown. So I thought, hey a fellow book worm maybe! A bit more small talk, then.

I grab my phone, keys go outside for 'reception', and leave. If you were there you would have known what was going on. I never judge people by their cover, some of the smartest women I've met look/act like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde (yes I saw that movie haha). I talk to everyone, because everyone has a story to tell. But I'm glad you share the same ethics:)

I don't understand why she would say her sister would want a ride in it. I think thats womanese for SHE wants a ride in it... And you leave? Porque..?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
bradc said:

Sorry mate, but some sheila who's only interested in you for your car is not worth the time and effort.

Just go hang out with your mates, relax, do the things you love to do, work on yourself for a while (it takes more than 3 months when your heart gets broken, especially when you could see it coming) face it, we men fall hard when we do and we don't really have that support network the girls have so it's hard for us to come back from the breakdown of a relationship.

Just stay out there but be wary of your choices, yes, a one-night stand with some bar skank and her sister might be fun for one night (what am I saying "might?" yah... :D ) but it's not going to solve the problem.

Time to turn the mirror all the way in and have a good long look at yourself. Once you've got all the scars nicely healing and the ex's face is starting to blur in your memory, then you can start looking. For now, do fun, happy stuff. Get your "happy stores" reloaded, get some new stories to tell, get some new skills.

Sounds good I know, much harder to implement in real life. I'm 18 months single after 2 long term relationships back to back and it's certainly tough to figure out which way is up when you've had someone to tell you for so long.

Good luck to you mate, chin up tiger, she'll be right.

bradc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
Canader eh
Chundles said:
Sorry mate, but some sheila who's only interested in you for your car is not worth the time and effort.

No no no, I left without the girls. They were just....looking for 'trouble'.

And CubaTbird, if you saw the facial/body suggestions/movements, it had the intentions of a lot more than a car ride:rolleyes: That's why I faked reception and jetted out of there! Only to forget my book....

But back to Chundles and everyone else, good point about let someone finding me, I'm going out enough to 'potential' meeting spots (coffee shops) so I guess I'm doing my part!

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
bradc said:
No no no, I left without the girls. They were just....looking for 'trouble'.

And CubaTbird, if you saw the facial/body suggestions/movements, it had the intentions of a lot more than a car ride:rolleyes: That's why I faked reception and jetted out of there! Only to forget my book....

But back to Chundles and everyone else, good point about let someone finding me, I'm going out enough to 'potential' meeting spots (coffee shops) so I guess I'm doing my part!

Try concerts too, thats a great place to meet other women who like the same music you like too.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Funny, you seem to have a good job, make good $$, and are succesful and independant.

Your only problem is getting a girl.

I, have never had a problem getting a girlfriend, in fact I havn't really been single for more than a month for 8 years...but,

I am not making a ton of $$, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself successful..

Which is better?

Successful career, or successful love life...??

right now I think I'd take the career.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.