What's wrong with my battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msizzle64, Dec 8, 2007.

1. msizzle64 macrumors 6502

msizzle64

today i tested my MacBook Pro (July 2006) and i think there is something wrong with my battery. its a kinda new battery, i got it in june 2007, and its performance is bad. on apple.com it says that the battery life is up to 5-6 hours. so today, i had a stopwatch and the battery lasted for exactly 2 hours 40 minutes and 13.4 seconds, from start up, until it went into sleep. whats wrong. the battery health is 96% with 35 cycles. all i was doing during the test was going on safari and itunes

please help:apple:

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

The battery life is "up to 5-6 hours". This doesn't mean that you will always get this amount of time out of your battery. It depends on what you are doing with you computer. If you are burning DVD's, the battery time will decrease. Also, if you are using wireless, the battery time will decrease.

3. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

Like the post above, it all depends on what you are doing. Anything that involves the internet and the speakers (iTunes) will usually eat away faster at the battery compared to just typing in a word document with nothing else going on.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

screen on full brightness as well.

I get about 4-5 hours out of my battery depending on my usage. If you want maximum battery life try and avoid anything that will cause unnecessary load on the system e.g. screensavers, unneeded processes etc etc.