What's wrong with my camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nidserz, Sep 8, 2010.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hi guys,
    I just got my iPhone back plate replaced at the Apple Store today and then tonight I tried taking a photo in the dark and I think something has been affected in my camera. When I took photos in the pitch dark prior to this, everything was fine.

I have attached a sample photo.

[​IMG]

2. kiantech macrumors regular

woah thats weird, taking pics in pitch black work fine for me...I would go back and tell them whats up

3. Phenomkickz macrumors member

4. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I've made an appointment for tomorrow. Luckily the Apple Store is near by, it's just frustrating the 'broke' something that wasn't broken.

Yeah, that was my first thought, but I have triple checked and there is no plastic.

5. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

if you're referring to the green blob, it's a known issue on most everyone's camera. caused by lighting situations

6. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

Hey you can't prove Apple did any wrong doing. You could of broke that when you left the Apple store, this may not be covered under your warranty.

7. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

No just referring to the photo in general, looks like it's washed out, can't see anything, just strange! I used it the night before and it was flawless. I got the back replaced due to a cosmetic issue (have another thread about that).

As I said, everything was working fine. I left the Apple Store with my iPhone in the box as I was using my bb. I just synced and then I like testing the camera in the darkness due to being amazed at the flash and then to my surprise I got this. I honestly haven't done anything to the phone.

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

how many of these threads do we need :rolleyes:

its a known issue with the camera sensor, nothing to get worked up about

9. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Sorry. So do I take it in or is there fix at home? Strange it happened over night.

10. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Just noticed that mine has it too(green blob) hopefully it is just the lighting I do not want to drive an hour to my closest apple store

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, if that's normal why does my sample photo look so much different than his? Do I not have the "known issue" or something? And if I don't have it, why shouldn't the OP go and get another iPhone that doesn't have it? Clearly they exist.

[​IMG]

I'd sure go back to the store if I went from having my camera to having his camera.

12. cobrasneverdie macrumors member

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ths isn't the same as the other threads..... this guy had a working camera and after apple fiddled with it the above image happend..... how is this the same as the other threads your going on about?

14. james888 macrumors newbie

hey man this is a serious issue...

go and talk to the officials !!!!!

15. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Looks like the new rear cover is missing the flash diffuser. Pretty simple and quite obvious from your picture.

The diffuser does what it says and diffuses the light from the flash away from the actual lense of the camera to avoid the pale, washed out look.
    If you take a picture of something using the flash under normal lighting, do you get the same effect? Usually it would just be over exposed but it will probably look really washed out.