Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zach808

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I keep getting errors about libxml2.2.dylib being the wrong architecture, and it won't let me open several applications, including Pages, which I need TODAY. So I'm guessing that I need to reinstall the Developer Tools, but the installer hangs after I press "Install" on the "This will take 2.54gb of space" screen. It just hangs there and doesn't do anything.

On top of that, when I enter the Terminal, it just says "Process Completed" and doesn't even give me a prompt. If I try the x11 prompt, it doesn't let me gain root priveleges, so I can't uninstall libxml2 or libxslt (which I installed today).

I need help on this right now.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Are you able to boot up in single user mode, which would give you Terminal access as well? Maybe from there you can successfully remove the libraries.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I keep getting errors about libxml2.2.dylib being the wrong architecture, and it won't let me open several applications, including Pages, which I need TODAY.

I need help on this right now.

Seeing how you posted at 10:48 PM that left one hour, twelve minutes.

angelwatt, you were too late!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.