Whats Wrong with my iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dgm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. dgm macrumors member

On my Black Macbook, iDVD has recently stopped working. It will start to run and it gets to the point where it asks me to name my new project and choose a location to save it in, but when I give it a name/location and click Create... nothing happens. It just gets stuck there and nothing else is able to be done with iDVD and I have to use Force Quit to end it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Test on another user account if you have one, or create one and test likewise. If it works, remove the iDVD files in Home/Library/Caches and Home/Library/Preferences. If no go, its time to reinstall the application. Remove iDVD from your Applications folder and also its affiliate files in Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts. Insert your restore disc 1, launch the Install Bundled Software only option. Customize the install, and deselect all but iDVD. Reinstall and run updates. It should then work as normal.

3. dgm thread starter macrumors member

Much Thanks Jedi! Had to remove and reinstall, but seems to work fine now. Thank you for your help.