What's wrong with my iPhone 4 screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CarlElvis, May 31, 2011.

1. CarlElvis macrumors newbie

CarlElvis

Everything is mint, glass is intact, touchscreen works, camera and screen shots come out perfect; But the image I see looks "broken"? Anyone seen this before? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

looks like a crack on the right side there or am i mistaken?

That is either dropped, too much pressure on the screen i.e. sat on or could be water damage. the only time i saw a screen like that was when the original ipad came out and pcworld (i think) did a stress test and dropped it about 4 feet on carpet the device was in perfect condition but the screen looked just like that.

3. CarlElvis thread starter macrumors newbie

CarlElvis

It does looks like a crack on the right, but the glass is perfect and the touchscreen works fine, even in the areas you can't see.

I guess it could have happened in my pocket. Thanks for the info.

4. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

has anyone but you ever used the device without your presence?

it certainly seems like impact damage or a case too tight perhaps even, but definitely take it in to an apple store i do not know if they will be able to help but it cant hurt.

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I've seen this happen when the internal LCD connector becomes partially detached.
    99% of the time this is caused by a drop.

6. CarlElvis thread starter macrumors newbie

CarlElvis

Thanks for the advice everyone, I went to the Genius bar today and they gave me a new iPhone, no questions asked.

7. darkside flow macrumors 6502

I had lines down my screen like that and got a replacement. Genius said it is caused by hitting it on something and the display can be delicate. I don't even recall hitting it on anything but he said it could have even just been the way I put it down.