What's wrong with my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GeekyDeBo, Aug 17, 2009.

1. GeekyDeBo macrumors newbie

My iPhone just got dropped like 10 minutes ago. Now it is saying the accessory that you are using is not compatible with the iPhone. I am not using a accessory though. The ringtone is working but the calls are not coming through. It's acting as if I am using a accessory when I am just trying to call someone. I am at my wit's end. I can no longer make or receive phone calls. I would just like someone to tell me something to do. I don't even know how much it will cost if I need it repaired and during that time I will not have a phone. Any advice or numbers would be of great help to me.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

whats wrong with it?? you dropped it!

really though... have you tried pluggin in an accessoried and unplugging? that might work. Otherwise your SOL and will have to get a new one or get it repaired.. unless you had insurance

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try a reboot, it might go back to normal, but you may have damaged the hardware somehow. Other than that, do a DFU restore and be prepared to take it into the store.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

a) you dropped it
    b) have you tried a cold-reboot?

5. GeekyDeBo thread starter macrumors newbie

I just went and did a restore through iTunes. I am loading some music on to it in a vain effort to see if my headphones/mic will make the thing work. As far as accessories I don't have any so I would have to go to like a Walmart and see about that. I am going to do a Cold reboot if my crazy headphone thing does not work.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Uh, you're kind of doing things out of order, but okay. :)

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Make sure the dock connector has no dust or debris in it.

If you don't have an accessory, just plug and unplug your sync cable a few times.

8. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

thats what i meant by accessory.. anything that plugs into the power jack would have worked.. umm like a usb cable or the charger