What's wrong with my iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Pain macrumors regular

...ever since my screen cracked, my 1st gen has been going bonkers.

My iPod can find Wi-Fi networks - they don't work. I could open Facebook and it'll say 'Updating' for ages, and then the network disconnects. Tried it on several networks - same thing. I've used every single application with the same results.

Whenever I connect the iPod touch to iTunes, it tells me: "Let's get started!", as in refreshing the iPod for a full restore or back-up. I don't want to restore, and backing up will take away some stuff I've added (since it hasn't backed up since Feb. 7th) and I know it'll malfunction. I can still manually sync music, just can't delete/edit.

Should I phone Apple about the Wi-Fi problem? The Wi-Fi chip isn't anywhere near a screen, so I'm not sure what to do.

2. brax.j macrumors regular

How did you break the screen a drop or did you sit/step on it?

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The OP insists the screen just "cracked on its own", but there's no way that could happen. Regardless, it's not covered by warranty.

I'd contact Apple, and there's not much help we can give you, your best bet would be to either go to Apple's own support forums, to call Apple, or to go into an Apple Store.

If a force on the iPod was able to crack the screen, then it could very well dislodge ANYTHING inside it. If Apple concludes that these faults were caused by whatever cracked the screen, then that also won't be covered by warranty (it's regarded as user-inflicted damage, even if the owner wasn't the one that damaged it).

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

theres no chance you getting a replacement. theyll just think your lying threw your teeth about dropping it

5. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Ah well, I'm getting a 2nd gen in a few days.