What's wrong with my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heyyitssusan, Jan 4, 2016.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012, and I've noticed lately that I've been having this issue while watching YouTube videos: image.jpeg
    Not only does it show those on my desktop, but there will be a black line across my dock and it flickers. I click down there or hover my mouse over it and it goes away otherwise I'd have a screenshot of that too. I read that it could be kernel panic. I was told to reset my NVRAM, which I did, and also ran a boot diagnostic and it said there were no problems found. At this point, I notice that the only time this happens is when I'm streaming video for awhile. If I'm just doing light browsing everything is ok. Does anyone have anymore suggestions at how to fix this? Thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

What exact model do you have because it looks like the dgpu issue. If it is then it's covered by apple

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

As Gav said, if it's the Retina it should be covered free-of-charge through consumer law/extended repair program. If it's the 13" 2012 or the 15" non-Retina model (the one with the DVD drive), it won't be covered, and the issue is relating to a faulty graphics card.

4. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Oops forgot to post it. Here's all the specs.

image.jpeg

5. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep it's the 13" 2012 :(