What's wrong with my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sumtime19, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Sumtime19 macrumors member

I don't really know what's wrong with it but.. I cannot use safari, it just keeps loading or says, "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding", and it's not receiving emails.

I have wifi and edge turned on, 3g off. I'm right next to my router with 5 bars. I restarted and nothing changed.

Any ideas?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

hard restore? but if it cant load the signal in Safari, its because your internet isnt reaching to your phone, meaning the chip for the iPhone is gone, your router is gone, or you have everything off...

try turning 3G on, and wifi off, and see if Safari can load a page..or not

3. Sumtime19 thread starter macrumors member

It worked o_O, any possible idea whats wrong with my router then?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

if theres smoke coming outta it....you know your problem...if its a wireless router, and your connecting your PC via wired, then your wireless switch on the router(if ya have one) is off, or (this is still if your PC is wired) your wireless antenna is busted...but your gonna need a new wireless router if ya want wi-fi, and if your PC(this is if you have Windows) on bottom right there is a Monitor picture, double click that and see if under the "Network" section it is YOUR connection and not one of your neighbors