What's wrong with my Safari?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by onne2slick, Jun 24, 2010.

1. onne2slick macrumors regular

I have a new MBP. I have several of my top visited sites added to my bookmark bar on Safari. Twitter, and YouTube are just a couple of them. Sometimes, when I click Twitter on the bookmark bar, it brings me to taiwanese yahoo? or sometimes it brings me to blogspot. Occasionally, YouTube doesn't work either when I click the bar. It loads me to a page that says "Not found in accelerator" ? Even if I don't click the bar, and just enter it on the address bar, it loads to the same page..

What the hell ? :confused::mad::(

2. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

What the hell indeed. Never hard of it. Perhaps try a reset. Can save the bookmarks file if you want. I mean it COULD be related to some DNS issues. Try setting it to 8.8.8.8 at Google or OpenDNS at 208.67.222.222 and/or 208.67.220.220

3. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

Um, I don't even know what that means lol

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Do you know how to get to settings menu of your router?

its usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.0.0

once you find the correct IP address of your router, you will be prompted to enter your username and password used when (or if) you configured it before.

Once you have access to the router, you can change the DNS server you are currently using.

DNS server does the IP address look up when you enter like amazon.com in your browser instead of their IP address of 72.21.210.250, which will also take you to amazon.com.