What's Wrong with my tMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptRB, Dec 30, 2016.

1. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

I've been a pretty staunch defender of the new Mackbooks. I own two of the base configuration 13" tMBP models. While I think this a solid upgrade, here are some things I don't like!

1) CASE
    Yeah, yeah, I know it's a work of art and so well made and blah, blah. But the top edges are SHARP. My larger 15" has more surface area for the palms and the Air case design is more comfortable. Primarily I don't like the edges of the case when opened. Couldn't they round them off?

2) TOUCH-BAR
    It needs to be a bit bigger, brighter and have adjustable brightness.

3) HEADPHONE JACK
    Why is this not mounted closer to the front of the case? Why mount it back there?

4) SIRI
    Can't set an alarm? Huh?

5) CHARGING
    While I much prefer USB-C, a little indicator light on the cable or side of case showing me Charging/Charged would have been nice.

6) BAD BUSINESS DECISIONS
    Even though these things don't matter to most, Apple could have had a happier crowd by doing the following.
    a) Leave an SD slot, preferably one that is spring loaded that goes 95% into the case.
    b) 16 GB memory for all Touch models would have been a good marketing move.
    c) Put a 50 cent USB adapter in the box.

My tip is this: Don't get a tMBP unless you're current machine needs to be replaced. You'll always get more machine by waiting. I got the 13" tMBP for my job and also for fun. But I'll wait another cycle before swapping out the 2015 15" rMBP for the 15" tMBP.

Cheers,

R.

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

1) new design
    2) at the moment it is more gimmick than useful. I wish I could change the brightness.
    3) thank god it is behind - otherwise you would place your hand on it all the time (possible break the port/plug)
    4) I don't use it - doesn't work very well (not in English)
    5) I'm planning to get the snapnator, breaksafe or whatever - hopefully with a led light.
    6) yes they should have included their usb/hdmi (or via) dongle in the package. Lowering the price just for few euros didn't solve the issue.

I don't think there is nothing wrong with the tbmbp but before buying it, you should know what you are buying and understand that the price is quite high. Just don't expect a miracle. It is a decent machine and thank god, I haven't had any of those problems people are complaining..

3. ihatetoregister macrumors 6502

ihatetoregister

Lol your problems are very much first world problems (with the exception of point 6) and that comes from someone who doesn't like this iteration ;)

If you're happy with it, don't try to find problems :)