whats wrong with safari ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aerove, Jun 12, 2008.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey all.. i've been facing a stupid problem with safari since the past two days... it appears that some of the text keeps disappearing from the websites.. check out the screenshot to understand what i mean.. it hasnt happened before .. btw i use a macbook pro 2.2 .. hope someone has a solution

Attached Files:

2. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Version numbers would be useful.... are you using a Font Manager, or have multiple variants of the same font families (TT, OT, PS?) My initial thought is corrupt font.

3. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Yeah, a corrupt font would be likely. Hmm........ The version of Safari would be useful. Did this happened again after restarting, closing safari, etc.?
    Does this happen to all websites?

4. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

the version is 3.1.1 (5525.20)

and nope havent got any font manager or stuff.. its happened to almost all sites.. i tried resetting safari, clearing the cache etc.. no use.. :confused:

5. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

My Safari is having some shattering like (almost a horizontal line) that is only seen when slowly scrolling :confused: I think the new Safari update is the reason for all of these issues.

6. ihabime macrumors 6502

It could be a corrupted font cache, this page has some info, your garbling doesn't seem as extreme, but it might be worth a try.
    Also, do you have a minimum font size set in advanced prefs, I know that can cause issues on some webpages.

7. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

hey all.. thanks for the quick replies!
    i restarted my system and the problem is gone now.. but the gonna check out that font corruption issue.. mite occur again ..

8. amberlyth macrumors newbie

what is that horizontal line at the top of every page?

This has been going on for many weeks and it does not show up on Firefox. It's even in this window (see attachment). It almost feels like I'm being watched, or there's some kind of tracking from site to site (virus) or a rogue cookie problem.

Any advice? It's driving me crazy:mad:

Attached Files: