Whats wrong with this picture...

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
THIS picture :rolleyes:

I was looking through eBay to see if i could find possibly a NEW PM G5 2.5ghz or something along those lines (maybe old stocks going cheap). Just to see if i could perhaps find a bargain, being nosy though mainly ;)

A brand new PowerMac G5 with a 23" Cinema Display - Cool:confused:. For a £1000... hmmm... ok. Checked the persons other items. New DELL XPS? 50" Plasma Screen? Area 51 Laptop? What they do? Raid a computer store? :D

Things became more suspect though with the request to email them outside of ebay. Ok thats not too suspect, i do it sometimes in adverts. But whats this? They cant seem to spell their own name in the email address? tastytigerbabe comes out as tastytiwgerbabe.....

Checked what they have sold in the past, all clothes. Suddenly they have become the 1337 techno god of bargain basement BRAND NEW PC stuffs ;)

But it just goes to show you can never be too careful. :mad: I emailed the actual account holder to let them know but it seems to me someone else is playing with their account, and id hate to be the actual account holder after all this. God knows what would have happened to anyone actually attempting to buy any of these items.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Dear sir,

First of all thank you for your interest about the G5 Power mac.
I want to tell you that the product is brand new and very performant ,in unopened box,comes up with all accessories and the powermac has international transferable warranty.

I am located in Prague,Czech Republic because I am at college here and I have the product with me. I need to sell it because I have to pay some taxes at school.
The package will be delivered with UPS 2 days air insured, or if you prefere other career such as FedEx or DHL, let me know. I usually use UPS and I never had a problem or long delay.

The buy now price as stated on eBay for the powermac is 1000 GBP.

Because we both want a smooth transaction without problems, I believe the best way to close this deal is via ebay. They will guarantee that I will receive the money and you will receive the item. If you are interested and agree with the terms so far, please let me know and I will make arrangements with ebay and they will contact you with all the details.

Regards !
:|

D

DJ1UK

Is there no way of reporting this seller? - it does look very very dodgy.

DJ

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
The Power Mac G5 runs all of your software — and runs it faster — with a version of Mac OS X Jaguar specially tuned for the PowerPC G5 processor, providing a seamless transition to 64-bit power.
So... if I buy this computer, do you think Apple will give me a free upgrade to Tiger? :rolleyes:;):p

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
.:*Robot Boy*:. said:
So... if I buy this computer, do you think Apple will give me a free upgrade to Tiger? :rolleyes:;):p
Too late...the listing's been taken down...

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
you can easily tell someone probably hacked into the account. if you look at the previously sold items, a lot of it is clothing type stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.