What's your all-time favorite apple product?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Good User, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Good User macrumors member

Good User

2. andersmj macrumors newbie

MBP. Almost can't wait till this one goes to the bin. Then it's Retina for me. :)

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

My iMac G4. This thing has been a beast since I bought it back when it was new. Outlived many Intel Macs.

Attached Files:

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

6. wordsworth macrumors regular

First Mac I used (at work) was an SE. I was smitten. But for sentimental reasons my own first Mac, a Performa 450, will probably remain favourite.

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

8. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Yup, that is my favorite too. I still love that lampshade iMac. My favorite design and the speakers were fantastic.

Thanks for posting the G4 Cube info Maflynn. Very cool to see the advertising and specs.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3rd generation iPod circa 2003: [​IMG]

It's nostalgic because I bought it while in college, and no one else was walking around with white headphones & cord. The freedom of leaving the Discman and CD's behind was fantastic.

Apologies for not knowing how to post a thumbnail.

10. rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

11. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Wow.... I love so many products, and the one I enjoy the most right now is my maxed out iMac 2013 model.
    I also love my iPhone 5s... and iPad Air... and MacBook Air... etc.

But, if I had to choose, it probably would be the Blue and White G3 (all things considered):
    The most "forward thinking" Mac IMHO.

12. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

2009 17 inch MBP. Best piece of computing hardware I ever owned, never had a single crash or problem with it.

or

6th Gen Red IPod Nano = gym buddy

13. Anitramane macrumors 6502

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

15. newest macrumors newbie

newest

16. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Tough one between the cube and the original iPhone for asthetics.

For gamechanging design it was the iPhone/iPad

17. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

There have been so many... The Mac SE30 that I decked out with 16 MB!! of RAM was certainly a favorite for a while. The 2004 PowerMac G5 with the Barbie Drive-In Theater display that I lusted over for months before buying was another. What a perfectly designed machine that was.

My 2014 Retina MacBook Pro probably takes the prize right now. Beautiful, magical machine.

18. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

19. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

I'm a "love the one you're with," and "pick one, you gotta be kidding," kinda guy, so...

My current gear makes me very happy: Late 2013 iMac 27" with 3TB Fusion - largest display I've ever had, speediest computer I've ever had, and quite sexy to look at. Close behind that comes iPhone 6 (I have plenty of respect for the iPhone 4 that preceded it, but the 6 runs rings around it). Finally, iPad 1st Gen - huge game changer for me (no doubt my next iPad will bump it off the list, though).

My Hall of Fame nominee is Quadra 950. Pro desktop audio in the 1990s (Sonic Solutions software and DSP cards). Enough horsepower to concurrently record tracks in background while editing them on the fly (Pro Tools was PC-only, and didn't come close). Those were the days when the other truly pro digital audio workstations were running on minicomputers with dedicated hardware interfaces/work surfaces and hatbox HDDs, at Hollywood-production-budget prices... my favorite pro audio gear, both analog and digital - "game changer" is a gross understatement.

20. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

All things considered, I'd go with the original iPhone. What a huge impact that had on not only the tech industry, but the entire world!

21. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

The iPod touch 2nd generation was my first Apple product. It was nice back then when the iPod touch's SoC was faster than the iPhone from the same year. Also, the 5th generation iPod touch's design from 2012 still holds-up well to this day.

I don't have a favorite Apple product yet, though I like many of them. Maybe in a couple of years I will :)

22. Tech198 macrumors G4

This is like one of those "What's your favorite car", only its a Apple type product already available

I like my iPad Air 2......... trading up for anything else would be a disappointment. Having said that, i use my Mac allot..... doesn't make sense i know.

I buy an iPad Air 2 with my intention of using my Mac..... (dunno how can escape from this one.)