What's your area of interest on MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dartzorichalcos, May 14, 2007.

?

What's your area of interest on MacRumors?

1. Rumors

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Hardware/Software

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Mac Community discussion

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  1. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Where do you like to post on MacRumors? Rumors, Hardware/Software or Community Discussion? I like to discuss rumors mostly and some hardware/software. How about you? Thanks

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

There could have been a few more choices in that poll.

I use ForumSpy and post in what looks interesting. However, my little jaunt in the mornings always includes: Design & Graphics, Wasteland, Private Forum, Site and Forum Feedback, and Community.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Rumours :)

I'll post on whatever looks/feels/tastes good, though.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I find that, while I enjoy reading others' riffs/rants on the rumors, I actually don't post much in the actual rumor threads. So my actual posts are probably spread 50/50 between (mostly) flippant remarks in community forum and (fingers crossed) helpful posts in the various other forums.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I like to read the help areas, even though I'm not much help. It's a good place to learn. I read some rumors. Of course, there's the area of the unknown that I frequent. ;)

6. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

My morning routine goes as such: Private Forum, view wasteland, the community forum, then lurk in the Design & Graphics forum and the Web Design Forums.

So really, if you are looking at a technical side of MR- my area of interest is in Web and Print Design... (but don't ask if I actually do any of that... I just want to)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Community, Help, Rumors, and PRSI, i read as much as i can, and post where/when i feel useful or can contribute. but there is no one thing that ties me to the site, its the summation of the whole that is MacRumors that keeps me coming back here, day-in-day-out.

8. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I came here because I needed help troubleshooting a Mac.

I stayed because so many here are wonderful, real and deep people. The types of people I try to insulate myself with.

It seems many of the people who I came here to read are slowly disappearing. Which is natural, I suppose, but chilling, all the same.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Some people just can't let go of their posts. ;)

10. Queso macrumors G4

Mostly hanging around Community Discussion these days, but read a lot in the Digital Audio threads. Trying to cut down on the PRSI stuff, and there's always a lot of nonsense in the Private Forums that's an enjoyable read (you know who you are). Sometimes post something techie too :)

11. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I tend to generally post on the community and private forums, meself. It's not really a conscious decision or anything, just that I naturally post in the threads that I find interesting and that's where most of them are located.

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I use Forum Spy but have about 17 Forums blocked, including Signatures. So I pick what theme/topic seems interesting among the Rumors, Hardware/Software, Community and P&R, and go from there. Usually Community has more topics with a wider range of random topics, some nutzoid, but nonetheless entertaining. I also think the P&R Forum is worth a visit. They'll hand you your head sometimes, but usually always provide change. :D

13. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I tend to do this, too. I think I like gabbing about with the other users. :)

iPhone what? Never heard of it. ;)

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wow only 1 person likes the rumors.

Without the community here MR would be boring. the rumors can only carry a discussion so far.

15. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I spend most of my time reading the "members to be banninated" threads, then hang out running IP searches to see how many times a day Rob Enderle checks the message boards to find references to his own name. It's a little game I like to play. ;)

In actuality, I have a folder of bookmarks built that I hit several times throughout the day. I load:
    my buddy list (checking to see which mods are online at the time), the MR frontpage, MR page 2, The front page of the guides to see what's changed recently, the mod forum to see what needs attention, a few of the private threads that I keep my eyes on, the site & forum feedback thread, the dailytunes and macbytes update panes, and the forum spy (cause it's fun to watch).