What's your Battery Life (MBA 13" 2015, 2.2GHz i7)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by orschinger, Apr 13, 2015.

1. orschinger macrumors member

What the heck... I'm only getting around 6-7 hours of battery life with my new machine (11 load cycles) and OSX 10.10.3, Brightness 60%, no hard CPU load, just surfing with Safari, Gmail, Flash blocked, only 3 tabs opened.

Did a clean install, no migration assistant.

Any other experiences?

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Actual battery life or estimated in the menu bar?

3. orschinger thread starter macrumors member

Damn, that's a wise question! Estimated.
    Ok, gotcha. Will check actual battery life tomorrow :cool:

...but I'd still love to see 10+ hours for the estimated time as well. It's all in the head :)

4. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

Same I was having battery issues with my MBA 2015 sent it in came to find out it had a defective battery

5. motrek macrumors 68020

Open Activity Monitor, make sure the computer isn't busy doing anything, let it sit for about a minute, and check the estimate again. ;)

6. orschinger thread starter macrumors member

Ok, clocked in at 8 hours 20 minutes - brightness at around 60%, Gmailing in Safari most of the time.

Not really great, is it?

7. motrek macrumors 68020

Well, I remember my first laptop from 10 years ago and it would run for 2 hours on battery power and that was considered fairly respectable at the time, so over 8 hours...

That being said, other people on this board seem to get longer times. Are you sure you didn't have some other tab open in Safari running down your battery playing a Flash ad or something?

What does the Energy tab of Activity Monitor say?