What's your best battery life with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by binaryskies, Oct 19, 2013.

1. binaryskies, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

I see all these posts about bad battery life and everything but never anything good. I finally was able to get all the app crashes and memory issues solved and since my battery life has been awesome.

Edit: iPhone 5s

Usage: 10 hours and 57 min (Eventually ended at 11 hours and 36 min)
    Standby: 1 Day, 2 Hours (Ended at 1 Day, 3 Hours)

I plugged my phone into a speaker dock for 10 min during those numbers.

Anyone else care to share? I have a screen shot too.

Binaryskies

Attached Files:

2. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

iPads (both iPad mini and iPad 3) battery life have been wonderful, iPhone battery is terrible.

less than 4 hours on 3G browsing...

3. binaryskies thread starter macrumors regular

binaryskies

Which iPhone?

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There are several other threads about iOS and battery life ...

My best is 7 hrs 15 minutes with an iPhone 5 but just in another town where signal strength is very strong everywhere.
    In the town where I live and work I reach 5 hrs at best (4 hrs most of the time).

----------

Your result are just false because the speaker dock recharged it for a while.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

In general it can and usually is different for different people in different places at different times under different usage. Comparing numbers often doesn't really result in much.

If someone just plays back a bunch of music on their phone with the screen off most of the time and the phone in a good WiFi location or perhaps is in airplane mode most of the time, they can easily get probably even around a day of usage time and a couple of days or so of standby. Does that really say anything one way or another for someone else who might use their phone for more calls or games and usually in different places with different cell signals?

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

What's your best battery life with iOS 7

Doing well on iPad 2

[​IMG]

7. Nex23 macrumors newbie

Nex23

8. jjusmo macrumors regular

My best battery life with iPhone 4. I was on 3G or wifi the whole time, listening to music, watching videos on YouTube, browsing safari, using whatsapp etc. I was really surprised to see my phone last so long..

That's almost 8 hours of usage and 1 day 8 hours standby.

Attached Files:

9. hafr macrumors 68030

28 minutes (streaming a podcast) was the only thing I did with the screen off, and except for checking the news during a ten minute bus ride, I was exclusively on wifi when I used the internet. Mainly browsing, Facebook and Instagram, but also texting, about half an hour of phone calls and something like 45 minutes of gaming. I've never seen my phone get to these numbers before 7.0.3, before that I got about seven hours of action with the same usage patterns:

Attached Files:

10. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

I don't have a screenshot but the longest I've had in iOS 7 without plugging my phone in was 11 hours and 37 minutes

11. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

I think my longest is 8.5 hours on my iPhone 5S. That is with at least an hours use of facebook app though. So not too bad.... Usually I average around 7 hours (with games here and there throughout the day)

I think my battery has gotten maybe 10% worse since the 7.0.4 update a couple days ago. I could be wrong, but where standby was perfect (no drain) before, I'm now having ~3-4% drain (over a couple hours)

12. razmarino macrumors member

razmarino

same here

13. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

That kinda pisses me off :\ . I mean you'd expect that from like iOS5 to iOS6 (which destroyed my iPad's standby time), but not from some small bug fixes. Sigh

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

I can get max 6-ish hours from 100% to 0% with light-normal use and with Bluetooth, motion, Location Services, and Push email all off. iOS 6 could get me 7.5-8 hours with the same setup.

15. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

16. PoopyThomas macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 (Keep in mind also had 20% left :D)

Attached Files:

17. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Hmm, I didn't even manage those stats on iOS6 and now I'm lucky to see 5.5 hours of usage time with 5.5 hours of standby time.

18. monarchy macrumors member

With just about everything on (wifi, Bluetooth etc.) this is the kind if usage I get with my week old 5s. I probably could've got it up to 13 maybe even 14 hrs of usage. 14 might have been pushing it though.

Attached Files:

19. conorporter macrumors newbie

20. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

^This

21. hafr macrumors 68030

So, a lot of listening to music then? ;)