• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
I see all these posts about bad battery life and everything but never anything good. I finally was able to get all the app crashes and memory issues solved and since my battery life has been awesome.

Edit: iPhone 5s

Usage: 10 hours and 57 min (Eventually ended at 11 hours and 36 min)
Standby: 1 Day, 2 Hours (Ended at 1 Day, 3 Hours)

I plugged my phone into a speaker dock for 10 min during those numbers.

Anyone else care to share? I have a screen shot too.

Binaryskies

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
iPads (both iPad mini and iPad 3) battery life have been wonderful, iPhone battery is terrible.

less than 4 hours on 3G browsing...

Comment

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
There are several other threads about iOS and battery life ...

My best is 7 hrs 15 minutes with an iPhone 5 but just in another town where signal strength is very strong everywhere.
In the town where I live and work I reach 5 hrs at best (4 hrs most of the time).

----------

I see all these posts about bad battery life and everything but never anything good. I finally was able to get all the app crashes and memory issues solved and since my battery life has been awesome.

Edit: iPhone 5s

Usage: 10 hours and 57 min (Eventually ended at 11 hours and 36 min)
Standby: 1 Day, 2 Hours (Ended at 1 Day, 3 Hours)

I plugged my phone into a speaker dock for 10 min during those numbers.

Anyone else care to share? I have a screen shot too.

Binaryskies

Your result are just false because the speaker dock recharged it for a while.

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In general it can and usually is different for different people in different places at different times under different usage. Comparing numbers often doesn't really result in much.

If someone just plays back a bunch of music on their phone with the screen off most of the time and the phone in a good WiFi location or perhaps is in airplane mode most of the time, they can easily get probably even around a day of usage time and a couple of days or so of standby. Does that really say anything one way or another for someone else who might use their phone for more calls or games and usually in different places with different cell signals?

Comment

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
My best battery life with iPhone 4. I was on 3G or wifi the whole time, listening to music, watching videos on YouTube, browsing safari, using whatsapp etc. I was really surprised to see my phone last so long..

That's almost 8 hours of usage and 1 day 8 hours standby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 83
Comment

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
28 minutes (streaming a podcast) was the only thing I did with the screen off, and except for checking the news during a ten minute bus ride, I was exclusively on wifi when I used the internet. Mainly browsing, Facebook and Instagram, but also texting, about half an hour of phone calls and something like 45 minutes of gaming. I've never seen my phone get to these numbers before 7.0.3, before that I got about seven hours of action with the same usage patterns:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 80
Comment

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
I don't have a screenshot but the longest I've had in iOS 7 without plugging my phone in was 11 hours and 37 minutes

Comment

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I think my longest is 8.5 hours on my iPhone 5S. That is with at least an hours use of facebook app though. So not too bad.... Usually I average around 7 hours (with games here and there throughout the day)

I think my battery has gotten maybe 10% worse since the 7.0.4 update a couple days ago. I could be wrong, but where standby was perfect (no drain) before, I'm now having ~3-4% drain (over a couple hours)

Comment

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I can get max 6-ish hours from 100% to 0% with light-normal use and with Bluetooth, motion, Location Services, and Push email all off. iOS 6 could get me 7.5-8 hours with the same setup.

Comment

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hmm, I didn't even manage those stats on iOS6 and now I'm lucky to see 5.5 hours of usage time with 5.5 hours of standby time.

Comment

monarchy

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
With just about everything on (wifi, Bluetooth etc.) this is the kind if usage I get with my week old 5s. I probably could've got it up to 13 maybe even 14 hrs of usage. 14 might have been pushing it though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 88
Comment

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
In general it can and usually is different for different people in different places at different times under different usage. Comparing numbers often doesn't really result in much.

If someone just plays back a bunch of music on their phone with the screen off most of the time and the phone in a good WiFi location or perhaps is in airplane mode most of the time, they can easily get probably even around a day of usage time and a couple of days or so of standby. Does that really say anything one way or another for someone else who might use their phone for more calls or games and usually in different places with different cell signals?

^This

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.