What's your best record for least % battery dropped overnight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnsonxray, May 3, 2011.

1. johnsonxray macrumors member

I forgot where I read some comments saying that his iphone drops only 1% overnight when he woke up and check the phone, not airplane mode of course, and amazingly his iphone drops only 1% in 7 to 8hours time..he did off the wifi push BT everything, I did the same and my best record was just 3-5%
    I'm not sure if my case, dropping 3-5% using 2G network is consider normal or not, need your feedbacks, IMO this is kind of heavy drop since I almost off everything that could possibly draining the battery except airplane mode
    what about yours?

2. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

The only thing I turn off is Bluetooth as I never ever use it. I've managed to only loose 1% over night (but only once or twice). I only have one mail account pushing and I don't have a great deal of apps. Normally I'd loose a couple of percent more.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think mine was somewhere around 20-25%? Had a late night so I plopped my phone on the nightstand and passed out. Unfortunately, this is when I had my flashlight set to activate whenever I shook my phone. The plop of the phone on the nightstand was just enough to activate the LED on my iPhone 4 and it stayed on the entire night. Needless to say the battery was near dead in the morning and the phone was mighty toasty as a result :eek:

4. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

OMG 1% again, did you jailbreak your device?

5. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Right now it's not Jailbroken, but it was in the past with the same sort of battery performance. I will stress that 1% is not something I see often, it's usually higher.

6. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....how on earth can you manage only 1% overnight?? :eek:

When I fully charge my iPhone 4, all it takes is literally 5 mins of websurfing/Facebook/Twitter, and my %age drops from 100% to at least 98%...?!?!

:confused:

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

My 3GS only drops at most 5% overnight on average when unplugged. I fetch four email accounts, have 3G and Wifi on, no Bluetooth, and I kill all of my multitasking bar. You're right though: if I surf for a good five minutes I do notice that it drops in percentage pretty quickly.

Edit: I will say however that my worst overnight has also been about 50%. Then again, I woke up with about thirty new emails with attachments from my work. :p

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I charge my phone over night, so I can't say. But I do know that during the day it sits on my desk, and at home, not plugged in for about 16 hours. If I'm not using it at all it'll only drop about 8-10%. I have BT, wifi, push, etc. all turned on too.

9. SL4VE macrumors 6502

so in affect you turned everything off to get 1% drainage which would be very similiar to airplance mode if everything was off.. believable and achievable. with everything of ive seen between 3-5% on a good night. normally i get messages and emails throughout the night so its about 7-10% drop

10. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

ah I second that, according to my friends lots of them have this 1 or 2% drop overnight on a stock ios, but not on a jailbroken ios, unless its on airplane mode for jailbroken to get 1-2% drop lol

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really? I have no idea as I don't pay attention to small details like that.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Everything turned on, wifi, bluetooth, 3 email accounts etc., maybe 1 to 2 %. :)

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

14. r2fa3l macrumors regular

Mine's Jailbroken (4.2) and it dropped around 8%

(Updating to 4.3.2 right now)

15. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

My ip4 is on OS 4.3.2, BB 1.59.00, jailbreak with sn0wbreeze (setup as new phone), had about over 100 appsstore apps and about 70 cydia apps.

I have everything on except bluetooth and email-push, also I have 8 email account setup on my ip4, slantedlock lockscreen with weather update hourly.

I fully charge and unplug the phone right before I go to bed, 7 hours later and it is still 100%, I believe it will drop 1 % at ~7 1/2 to 8 hrs mark.

16. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

17. alox, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

alox macrumors member

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

What counts as a night? Sometimes I sleep 8hrs and only lose 1%, others I'll sleep 6hrs and lose up to 20%. I'm not really sure what the deal is with differing battery drainage.

19. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

This is why I turn it off, so I don't get pissed or irked by the fact that my iDevice has lost a little juice :rolleyes:

20. nizarghosn macrumors newbie

.. loosing lots of juice ..

my iphone 4 not jailbroken and factory unlocked , it loose 20% over night (6 or 7 hours, airplane on, 4.3.2) what you think ..??

21. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

mine loses 1% every 7 to 8 hours on standby

emails are on manual, bt and wifi always off unless i need them

22. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I have bluetooth off, push off and lose about 8-10% in a ~6-8 hour night. People saying they lose 1-2% have amazing battery life! :confused:

I do leave 3G and Wifi on even on standby though, but I always assumed that wouldn't make a huge difference.

23. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If you use wifi at home switch off 3G it does make a real difference.

24. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

I have had mine stay at 100% over night on a regular basis. This is with charging in later afternoon and no use till am.

25. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

16GB 3GS overnight will only lose 1% if no messages are received. I have been using the phone today for around 4 hours (most of that time I was getting ready for work, driving, eating, et cetera) and it is still one 100%. I have only sent and received a total of 10 text messages. And checked emails a couple times. It is the 3GS from a couple days after released so nearing the 2 year mark, original battery. I have read a few people complaining about the 3GS battery life, it is far superior to any blackberry I have owned.