Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Freak

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
I mostly listen to music off my iPhone 3GS but my main iPod is a 30GB 5th gen video that is white.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Well until today it was my stone age 4th Gen HP branded 20GB iPod.

Looks like the hard drive finally gave up the ghost :(

I've taken it apart a number of times in the past to swap batteries, etc.

I've kept this sucker going for ages but it looks like if it is the hard drive, it's probably just not worth putting any more money into to keep going.

I really just left it in my car under my center console hooked up to my iPod cable.

I keep hearing people say to find a 5th gen on clearance but am not sure where everyones finding them at. Does anyone have any tips? I'd be fine with a 16GB Nano even. Just need one with a iPod connector so I can use my stock radio and steering wheel controls.

mbrown5

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2010
Phoenix
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

iPhone 4. Although if I could I'd have a 5th Gen 16GB Nano. The new nano doesn't do it for me.

Patdt13

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2008
Right now it's a 80 GB iPod classic, but I'm getting a 32GB iPod touch 4G, so that will take over the main iPod.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Three iPods get regular use in our home.

- 2nd Gen iPod Nano (Red) - 4GB

- 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle - 1GB

- 5th Gen iPod with video - 30GB

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I'm using iPod nano 4G, blue version. I love this color too much!

I must admit that I like the brushed blue on the 4th gen nano more than the polished look on my 5th gen nano (which is my main iPod; see my sig), partially because the 4th gen's vibrant blue matches my V-moda Vibe's blue accents exactly.

Nevertheless, I waited for the 5th gen instead, and haven't regretted it. It holds over 1,000 tunes, including my most-listened songs and a random sprinkling of others, a couple dozen music videos, a handful of Looney Tunes for placating my kid when she gets fidgety, with room to spare for a movie or two. I recorded a Disney vacation with it some months ago as well.

My 2nd gen nano still gets some play around the house or when doing yard work, usually mounted in a Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere.

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Let's see: mine is a 32G 2nd Gen Touch.
My daughter has a 8G 2nd Gen Touch
My other daughter a 30 GB 5.5 iPod
My wife a 16G 1st Gen Touch
I also use a 60GB Rev. 5.5 iPod
Buried in a drawer is a 15GB Rev 3 iPod (w/firewire)
We also have about 3-4 Gum Stick shuffles floating around that get used for workouts, bus rides etc.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I still rock the 4th Gen black and white. I still love it. When it ceases to work, I'll find another and buy it. Just something great about and iPod with the main function being playing music.

Has "Don't steal my iPod." engraved on the back.

iPod4thGen.jpg

This was the one that got stolen allowing me to replace my palm tungsten E and it with a new touch. I loved the way it fit in my hand. Originally a 20g, I had upgraded the hardrive a couple years past.

MaxwellIreland

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2010
I have the latest ipod touch (8GB model) which was a waste of money in the sense that I already have ran out of space,should have gotten a larger model.Perhaps the Ipod classic.

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
Hands down the iPod Classic. Holds the most tunes as I have a huge music collection and it's the only iPod that holds the most music - 160GB total. I have the iPhone 4 and I take books on tape, or instructional mp3s with it but I have to have my iPod Classic for music only!

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I have a Touch, Nano, Video, Shuffle, and 120gb Classic. I use them all for different purposes, but my Classic is my go-to iPod, and definitely my main music player.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
For walking around and gym use, my iPhone 3GS. I also use a 30GB iPod Classic connected to my Alpine stereo in the truck.

arnop

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2007
Paris, France
iPhone 4 32g for everyday use but mostly an old (from 2006) iPod Classic (wasn't called the classic at that time !) for the car filled with almost everything i have on iTunes !

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
My current day-to-day iPod is my iPod nano 5G. It's only 8 GB so I'm beginning to be a bit close to needing something bigger so I may get a classic at some point in the next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.