What's your experience with the alu MB trackpad TAPPING feature?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by watergun, Oct 22, 2008.

1. watergun macrumors regular

The tapping is not working very well for me. It does work sometimes but most of the time it has a mind of its own. It is either very unresponsive or too sensitive. And, it's even worse in Windows.

Please do share your tips and tricks if you have different experience. Thanks.

2. rds macrumors regular

3. watergun thread starter macrumors regular

Initially I had both DRAGGING enabled then I turned them off. It's better with DRAGGING OFF but the TAPPING is still very erratic.

4. rugox macrumors regular

Tapping seems to be fine with me, had no problem with using it since I received the new macbook this morning.

5. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Tapping is ALL i use. I don't use the clicking feature as much. I LOVE all the surface on the trackpad. I have One Finger Tap to Click and Dragging enabled and Two Finger Secondary tap. It works like a champ for me! Definitely my favorite setup!

7. watergun thread starter macrumors regular

This thread here kind of solved my problem. Tapping is also my favorite feature. Combined with MultiClutch to enable multi fingers gesture on any applications, the trackpad really works awesome.

8. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

This has been bugging me too.

Aha - I wasn't aware of this. It will probably take care of it. Stupid Apple and their insistence on a no button design. This probably the most ridiculous style over substance design since the might mouse.

9. subq macrumors member

I had to turn dragging and drag lock off. With dragging on sometimes it would decide to drag lock all on its own.

I am a big fan of tapping and two finger tapping instead of having to click. So now I have tapping and two finger tapping on, dragging and drag lock off, and I click to drag. The only downfall to that is the trackpad is harder to click near the top.

The cursor is sometimes erratic anyway but that has anything to do with the above setup.