What's your favorite case manufacturer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by neoelectronaut, Mar 8, 2011.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Just out of curiosity. I have a White Candyshell and a Black Candyshell and a Black Pixelskin HD. All from Speck, obviously. They're all good cases with their own individual problems.

The Candyshells tend to crack wherever the plastic is thin (Above the dock connector and near the headphone jack) and the Pixelskin HD is a bit more loose fitting than I'd prefer, but overall I've been satisfied enough with them that I'll likely stick with them in the near future.

What brand has been your go-to brand for cases and similar accessories?

2. 184550 Guest

All my iProducts are protected by Incase.

Oddly enough, I didn't make the choices consciously as I usually just go to Best Buy and pick out a case that, IMO, looks good and offers a reasonable amount of protection.

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i dont make any purchases based on name. i make purchases based on design and value.

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I try to go by design and price. Don't really have a favorite but Sena and Sgp are up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I'm a Speck fan too.

While I'm not a brand person who only has Speck cases. I have a ton of cases from almost every manufacturer that I have had sent to me, either for feedback, testing, or because a friend at an ad agency is feeling nice.

The thing is Speck seems to me to make the most usable cases while still retaining most of the iPhone's original looks and that goes for all of the models not just the 4. The aforementioned Candyshell is my current favorite/go-to case. I have 3 of them currently, 2 of which I actually paid for which is a rarity for me.

I am a fan of other case manufacturers though. Otterbox, Element (for looks only), Seidio, and the new Griffin Survivor has made me a Griffin fan.

I always end up back at Speck though. Their designs, functionality, and durability match my needs.

6. Annerz macrumors regular

7. meshug macrumors newbie

Mugen Power

Just as an alternative there are cases available from Mugen Power. Anyone used them?

8. essdee macrumors member

recently been converted to magpul. will never buy a case from any of the big names after finding this case. $10 for a case superior in quality imo is a no brainer for me. for the aluminum cases, my choice goes to e13ctron.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

So far it's been Contour. Had the Showcase for my 3G and now for my iPhone 4.

10. Panna macrumors newbie

Is the speck candyshell or pixelskin hd good enough for drop protection?? Which one do you think is better?

11. maniacphoner macrumors regular

so far i like the otterbox and sgp the best!
    otterbox for the protection and sgp for the style.

12. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

13. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Casecrown, skullcandy and case-mate are my favs.

14. mophienick macrumors newbie

15. DaZOU macrumors newbie

Are any of you Speck lovers considering the candyshell view when it finally comes out?

16. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Candyshell works fine for most drops. I had one that I took with me on vacation back in September. Dropped my phone many times at both Universal Studios and Disney World due to me just being and acting stupid. It got knocked around at the airport and just generally abused. I thought I would be completely screwed but nope. I did screw up the Power Support Anti-Glare but the phone and screen were fine when I got home. No issues at all.

As for the Candyshell View, I have zero want or need for a kickstand style case. I'm assuming it will be fine and just like the Candyshell standard.

17. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

18. Walse macrumors member

SGP for style, Seidio or Otterbox for protective products.

19. Panna macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. :) I have an otterbox commuter but i want something slightly less bulky but still offers fairly good drop protection.

20. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Speck hands down. Their customer service is top notch!! I visited their office in Palo Alto and received a replacement on the spot!! But theres other parts of the story that I can't disclose yet.

21. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

22. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I vote for SwitchEasy. They make really solid cases and the price is good considering what you get with each one.

23. Ponderous macrumors regular

I'm using the otterbox since I carried my baby out of the store. I have thought of also getting something less bulky but I'm afraid that my phone will meet the pavement in something less bulletproof. I'm gonna have to check out some of the other recommendations here. Thank you everyone.