What's Your Favorite Drawing App for the Pencil?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bowlman2345, Nov 24, 2015.

1. bowlman2345 macrumors regular

I've only been using Procreate, but some people seem to like Paper, Sketch and some others. Just wondering which one you like and why you think it's better than the others.

2. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that this would be an interesting thread. Would be great to hear some of your opinions.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It would be interesting. Where it not for the 17 other threads with the exact same topic.

4. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I went through the first three pages and didn't see the topic. Sorry.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You might find them on page 4. Must not be that interesting then...

6. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

Someone has their snarky pants on today...so much for friendliness on the forums.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

8. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

Procreate hands down, but nice to have some variety, art rage for traditional looking stuff, u can import custom brushes into procreate, scour the procreate forums, create ur own brushes, many pro features there

Deco sketch is cool

Animation desk is fun

Other notables:

Sketch club

Assembly

Zen brush 2

9. bowlman2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I love Procreate, but one feature I LOVE on Sketch is the ruler and shape tracer feature. I have a bit of a shaky hand from having diabetes and my blood sugar affects my steadiness, so I wish that Procreate would have those features.

10. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I'm interested in this too. I have only used Adobe sketch so far. Will need to give Procreate a look now.

From PC days I use Corel Draw for a number of graphical tasks. I'd love to see it come available for IPP strictly for a reduced learning curve.

11. jw77777 macrumors member

I really like Procreate. And there are some features I like in Photoshop Sketch... (I wish it had layers). Procreate is pretty amazing. It has a really good community base too. Nice tips and advice. Sometimes people share different kinds of brushes. Paper 53 isn't as good as I remember. I like in Procreate and Photoshop Sketch the ability to change the weight of the stroke so you can vary the line work. :)

12. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

Paper 53 has no color wheel or anything, am I correct? I only ever see the option for like 7 colors, which can be "mixed" in the little palette to their left on the toolbar. I actually *really* like that "mixing" palette, really unique and useful IMO, but too limited color selection at the start.

Adobe's apps confuse me. There are *so many* of them with highly specific features.

I think Procreate is probably the best in terms of features, interface, and flexibility.

13. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

A bit off topic but procreate seems to randomly pop a color wheel when I'm intending to make a brush stroke and I end up changing colors. It must be a gesture I'm making but I have no idea what. Any ideas?

14. David.L macrumors newbie

David.L

When you tap and hold in Procreate, an eyedropper appears after a short delay. You can change the delay in settings - it appears to be 400ms by default.

15. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

Beautiful, thank you!