What's your favorite input hardware? (Keyboards, Mice..)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by saschke, Mar 17, 2014.

1. saschke macrumors 6502

Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on favorite input hardware. What are you using? I'm sporting a Logitech K800 Illuminated Wireless Keyboard (which has coil whine when dimmed btw ;)) and a Logitech G700 "Gaming" mouse which fits the new Mac Pro quite nicely. There are quite some decent options out there though. So what are you using?

Attached Files:

2. paulsdenton macrumors 6502

paulsdenton

I use "Das Keyboard" and an Apple Magic Mouse plus an Apple Magic Trackpad occasionally. For graphic work a Wacom Intuos 4.

3. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I like the magic trackpad. Makes transitioning between the laptop and desktop seamlessly as both support the same gestures. Gestures are now second nature to me, dunno how I lived all those years without.

Not picky about keyboard, but since I'm on both a laptop and desktop, the apple aluminum keyboard works just fine.

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I've had so many peripherals now that I think about it..

Apple Bluetooth keyboard
    Apple Wired keyboard
    Apple Magic Mouse
    Apple Trackpad

Razer Mamba 2012
    Razer Naga
    Razer Nostromo

Alienware TactX Mouse
    Alienware TactX Keyboard

Dell Wireless Keyboard+Mouse

I think that my favourite set up thus far has been the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard+Trackpad. I wish I had the Twelve South MagicWand for the pair, but I'm using Macbook now, not really needed.. at least until I get a monitor.
    For gaming the Mamba and Nostromo/Orbweaver are pretty awesome pair for all genres of gaming.

5. saschke thread starter macrumors 6502

Das Keyboard looks awesome. Might try that at one point. Thanks

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I just use the built-in keyboard on both MBP's. Use a Magic Mouse at work and switch off between the built-in trackpad and the Magic Trackpad depending on what I'm doing.

7. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Apple Magic Trackpad
    KBC Poker II
    Apple Magic Mouse
    Griffin PowerMate

Attached Files:

8. JQuick macrumors member

On the whole, I am very pleased with my Das Keyboard. I pre-ordered the mac version when they were first released a couple of years ago. Mechanically and physically, right down to the cabling, it is great. In terms of heft, and key feel it is in the top 5 I have ever used.

But it is marred by truly awful typography: tiny letters, all lower case, hard to read, very poor use of the space on each keycap.

It is love/hate thing. If anyone has a recommendation for a better one, I am all ears.

I want something as legible as an Apple keyboard, with solid mechanical keys, and enough weight to make one wonder if it was built in a retooled soviet tractor factory.

9. FluJunkie macrumors 6502a

I love my Das Keyboard, but it is loud. I'm a little bitter that their quieter version, with the Cherry MX Brown switches, doesn't come in their Mac version. The PC version probably works fine, but that Mac version had all the handy little shortcut keys I like.

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Razor Orochi Bluetooth mouse. Eats batteries fairly quickly but no problem as I'm using rechargeables.

I'm looking at the new Mad Catz Cyber M.O.U.S. 9 Bluetooth but it's a hard find at the moment.

11. arbrx macrumors newbie

Wired Mac keyboard - low sound and travel for each key = faster. Logitech Wireless Anywhere MX Laptop mouse - small for hand, , good batt life, inertia scrolling via flywheel = more control.

12. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

Mostly I use a small Dell Bluetooth mouse of conventional design. I removed the ratchet spring from the wheel so it rotates smoothly because I hate that outdated "click-click-click" noise and the feeling on the finger.

I also have the Apple Magic Mouse but rarely use it, it is too low so it hurts my hand after a half hour and it seems to not move very smoothly on many surfaces so it is a bit clumsy especially for small precise movements. Also it requires too much pressure to operate the left/right click switches. I think it's about time they designed a new mouse or improved the Magic Mouse.

I have the Apple wireless keyboard and like the small size, and I have the Magic Trackpad but never really got into using it much.