Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
The sad thing about my diet is the number of burritos I consume.

If it's not Taco Bell.. it's Chiptole.

Goddamn, that stuff is delicious too!

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I love taco bell. Back in highschool we'd go there for lunch every so often. My favourites are the chilicheese wrap, taco supreme, and fries supreme. I haven't ate taco bell in around 4 years though. The one store we did have in my town closed due to management issues. It was a very sad day to learn they had closed.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
cr2sh said:
The sad thing about my diet is the number of burritos I consume.

If it's not Taco Bell.. it's Chiptole.

Goddamn, that stuff is delicious too!

We don't have Chipotle ( ;) ) near me, but we do have Qdoba which is similar I hear, although not as good (I also hear). I love those things, but can only stomach roughly 80% of one, even when I am starving. Those are hands-down better than TB, but cost over $6 when you are done....so I would expect them to be better.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Obviously there are other Mexican places that are better, the best thing about TB is that they are open late!
I usually get the Cheesy Gordita Crunch or the Beef and Potato burrito. I also like that round grilled burrito thing that's new (I forgot what it's called).

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
The number four, a Mexican Pizza and two soft tacos. Lots of hot sauce on the Tacos and everything is good. Haven't been in a long time though.

L

Lau

May I just say, from the point of an uneducated* Brit, that there is a distinct lack of gruesome pictures for me to be amazed/shocked over? :p

*in the products of Taco Bell, anyway ;)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Lau said:
May I just say, from the point of an uneducated* Brit, that there is a distinct lack of gruesome pictures for me to be amazed/shocked over? :p

*in the products of Taco Bell, anyway ;)

You can GIS TB pictures yourself if you want to see what the food looks like. The only other pictures I would have of TB as either during digestion by way of regurgitation, or post-digestion by way of fecal excretion, neither of which I make habit to photograph ;)

L

Lau

efoto said:
You can GIS TB pictures yourself if you want to see what the food looks like. The only other pictures I would have of TB as either during digestion by way of regurgitation, or post-digestion by way of fecal excretion, neither of which I make habit to photograph ;)

I take it all back! Hold the pictures! :eek: ;)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Lau said:
I take it all back! Hold the pictures! :eek: ;)

My idea exactly. Other than the PR photos someone takes for TB, all of the other images I have ever seen have been of the two aforementioned versions I stated....not pretty :(

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
at taco bell, I get the straight up bean and cheese burrito-- filling and SEVENTY NINE CENTS! YEA!

but there is this place
FREEBIRDS

!!!
!!
SO, they come in half bird, bird, monster
and like supermonster or something
THE SUPERMONSTER WEIGHTS SEVEN POUNDS!

SO MUCH THE DELICIOUS!
100% DELICIOUS AND VEGETARIAN YUM!

omg, I want a freebird so much right now... *drool*

and even though I may look like I can't finish one, give me ten minutes. I'll inhale that thing if I'm hungry enough.

yeah, they're expensive but OMG so goood!

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
katie ta achoo said:
at taco bell, I get the straight up bean and cheese burrito-- filling and SEVENTY NINE CENTS! YEA!

OMG so goood!

Ditto -

but all these "What is your favorite ... " threads reminds me - when I worked in a kitchen this one guy would play a game with everyone. He'd scream out - "Bands with colors in their names" and we would compete to name the most bands with a color in their name. Results: "Black Sabbath, Red Elvis, White Snake, Greenday, Yellow Man, and it goes on and on... (also "Bands with letters in their name...": REM - U2 - B-52's etc.). ';m not saying it makes sense,maybe it's a competitive "Name Your favorite.." thing. :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
My favourite Taco Bell menu item is Mountain Dew. It tastes so much better than anything else they offer.

However, on occasion, I will eat a Burrito Supreme without sour cream or hard tacos, but I rarely go there since I first learned to eat real tacos in the San Fran bay area and it's kinda only stopover stuff. The tacos at Jack in the Box are much better.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by cr2sh
Think outside the bun!

I've been on a bit of a bad taste... err... taco bell rampage lately. Eating it, two.. three times a week. To be honest though, I'm growing tired of my old stand in... a soft taco, a crunch wrap supreme and a bean burrito.

Don't feel bad about eating at Taco Bell. A study from NBC found Taco Bell to be the second safest fast food. (Jack in the Box was first). What you really need to worry about is that McDonalds, they were rated the worst! :eek:

As for me, at Taco Bell I like the Bean Burrito Espesial (I know I can't spell that!) Nacho Supreme is always good, but that new Crunch Wrap Supreme is really good too! And of course, always Fire Sauce. But the sauce I really like is at Del Taco, nothing is better than thiers, unless of course it's real salsa!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by bousozoku
The tacos at Jack in the Box are much better.
I know someone who calls those "Dog Meat Tacos"! :eek:
(even though they are considered the safest fast food by NBC). But still, I don't know if that is really beef. Oh well, I still eat them :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Around 13 years ago, there used to be something called the Steam Supreme or something. It was the only taco at TB to use meat that you could tell was actual meat. None of this "ground beef" stuff, which is just powder until they mix it with water. No, we're talking about small cubes of beef, lots of cheese, and some green peppers and such. Sooo good.

After they discontinued that, I stopped eating TB for around 10 years. But 3 years ago, they had a $0.99 soft taco special, and that was in Canadian dollars when $1 CDN = $0.65 USD (aka: the "good old days" for many of you :p ), and so it was dirt cheap. Some friends and I had an eating contest, and I ended up eating 11 beef soft tacos.

The end.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Chicken Quesadilla, Double Decker Taco Supreme, Large Mountain Dew.

Lots of Hot Sauce.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
EricNau said:
I know someone who calls those "Dog Meat Tacos"! :eek:
(even though they are considered the safest fast food by NBC). But still, I don't know if that is really beef. Oh well, I still eat them :p

At 2 for 99 cents, it doesn't really matter. I'd rather have fish tacos from Rubio's or Del Taco. Still, they're all about 3000 miles/4800 km away, so it'll take a while to get them. It almost takes that long waiting at Taco Bell, though, for food. I've never known another place to move so slowly that it's recommended to take a day off from work to get lunch.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
for cheap-o mexican food, i usually prefer a quick burrito from chipotle or most anything from baja fresh.

if i do go to taco bell, which isn't often, i like the crispy tacos

katchow

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
cr2sh said:
I just bought a place on Wayne Avenue.. so I tend to go to the University of Dayton Taco Bell. Yours isn't too far from me, I've stopped there before while I was over at that guitar shop.

ahh yeah, i used to go over ther after Walnut Hills let out...i think the Hills is now somthin' else though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.